Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camp 165 Watten

Its a Funny world I was out shopping with the OH today in Delmenhorst near Bremen and we met an friend of her Fathers at a shop whom she had said he had been a Pow in Scotland because he was always telling them about it.... hadnŽt seen him for a few years in which we had married,, and it turns out that He was also at some time been interned in Watten Pow weŽve invbited him round at a later date for natter he is now 84 and planning atrip back to scotland next year ..... just thought i would mention it-- IŽll have to get a copy of your book Valerie ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyian View Post
    Its a Funny world I was out shopping with the OH today in Delmenhorst near Bremen and we met an friend of her Fathers at a shop whom she had said he had been a Pow in Scotland because he was always telling them about it.... hadnŽt seen him for a few years in which we had married,, and it turns out that He was also at some time been interned in Watten Pow weŽve invbited him round at a later date for natter he is now 84 and planning atrip back to scotland next year ..... just thought i would mention it-- IŽll have to get a copy of your book Valerie ...
    Any new info would be greatly appreciated!! My goodness, it is a small world we live in. Hope you enjoy the book.
    cape locum et fac vestigium

Smile

Hi all,

Just heard the book will be on display at the Edinburgh International Book Festival. Anyine's who is going, have a great time.

And for those of you who haven't seen the website, here's the address:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAylgf0ly64

Smile

Hi everyone. You've all been on this journey with me so I thought I'd give you a wee update on things. The book will be going to 2nd edition soon and I've added some new chapters. These are on a couple of submariners who got in touch, a German doctor, a German who chose to stay in Scotland and the story of one of the guards - if you heard the BBC Scotland broadcast earlier this year, it's Alan Noble's story in full. I've also added bits and pieces from locals who remembered things. I especially remember the story of the German pows eating the fish bones. Yuk!! Anyway I'll keep you all updated on when it's due to be released etc.

Excellent stuff, Valerie. Let us know when the second edition comes out.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Excellent stuff, Valerie. Let us know when the second edition comes out.
    If you want, you can have a sneaky peak at You Tube. Just do a search for 'Camp 165 Watten' and the 2 come up together.

Roger that, Valerie, cheers

I see you can pre-order the new edition of this book at Amazon. It is supposed to be out in April 2010. I will look forward to reading it because I enjoyed finding out about the camp. Wonder what is in the new edition?

Pepsi, Valerie does not come on here often so on her behalf I will blow her trumpet. The 2nd edition of the book is out now if you are interested.
    All the best,
    achingale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12