Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Overstepping bandwidth allowance

Default Overstepping bandwidth allowance

Last month we went over our 5GB bandwidth and got a warning letter from our ISP provider along with a suggestion to upgrade to a more expensive package.
    Is there any way I can monitor the bandwidth we are using to prevent overstepping our limit?

You could run a program like bandwidtrh monitor

http://www.bwmonitor.com/

This one cost $19.99 but seems to exactly what u want, you can set limits so it will warn you when you reach various limits etc

I am sure there is free ones out there as well though.

Thanks Lazytown, I'll look for freebies first but this will help me know what to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Last month we went over our 5GB bandwidth and got a warning letter from our ISP provider along with a suggestion to upgrade to a more expensive package.
    Is there any way I can monitor the bandwidth we are using to prevent overstepping our limit?
    Go to www.majorgeeks.com and go to the monitoring section are several bandwidth applications and a couple are freeware.

This site is always my first port of call for things like this.

Have a search for an application called NetMeter.

A free, tiny program and it'll tell you exactly how much bandwidth (both up and down) you use on a monthly, weekly, daily or hourly rate. It'll also alert you at whatever limit you configure, and it hogs virtually no resources.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Have a search for an application called NetMeter.

A free, tiny program and it'll tell you exactly how much bandwidth (both up and down) you use on a monthly, weekly, daily or hourly rate. It'll also alert you at whatever limit you configure, and it hogs virtually no resources.
    looks exactly what stargazer is looking for.

I had to laugh though while looking at the options that it is allowing you to measure MiB and GiB.

Welldone on such a free find though, looks like it will do the job required.