Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Widows of Clyth

Andrew Sutherland who was lost in the Clyth disaster had a grandson Alexander Mckay aged 30 who was skipper of WK100 Confidence and he was lost at sea 10miles out from Wick on 7th Feb 1888, knocked overboard by the tiller striking him on the head. Left a wife and three children, very sad.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Mosser View Post
    Andrew Sutherland who was lost in the Clyth disaster had a grandson Alexander Mckay aged 30 who was skipper of WK100 Confidence and he was lost at sea 10miles out from Wick on 7th Feb 1888, knocked overboard by the tiller striking him on the head. Left a wife and three children, very sad.
    mosser can you check your infmo again as if you go back through the previous posts and check the lists there wasnt an andrew sutherland lost in either disaster ???
    there was andrews left as orphans but cant tie even that up
    quite interested though regards tony

Default Seeking Sinclair

Hi,

I believe my great, great, great, grandfather William Sinclair was brother to Donald Sinclair who drowned in the Widows of Clyth accident.
    I would dearly love to make contact with Sinclair descendants and find out any more information about my Sinclair line as I have so little. I am over in New Zealand. William left years before the accident to head to the Australian Goldfields.

Kindest Regards
    Jen Coster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12