Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cat with heart murmur

How are you both today?

Quote Originally Posted by nanoo View Post
    Realy great news Liz. Onwards and upwards i say. I knew the Orgers could do it, they are a wonderful lot. Charly and Burt have many friends they don't know about. Bless every last one of you. I hope you all have a fabulous Christmas and i think i'll be speaking for Liz as well in that.
    Totally agree with you Nanoo! Thanks a lot for your love and support too through this awful time. You are a lovely caring lady.

Quote Originally Posted by justine View Post
    My thoughts are with you and charley at this time..Hope things keep improving for him and you.....
    Thanks a lot Justine! That means a lot when I know you are having a hard time yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    How are you both today?
    I am completely shattered but Charly is a wee bit better which is the most important thing! I am cautiously optimistic that he will make a full recovery and I will have my boy with me for a few years yet.
    He still gets quite breathless when he 'goes for a walk' but he's only been on medication for three days so, hopefully, this will also improve in time.
    He is so much more relaxed and singing(no sound in the world is greater right now) He is also eating a bit more although not the dry food he normally loves but he is probably dry from all the diuretics! Poor soul must be tired of drinking and peeing!

Thanks to you all for your genuine concern and support. As I said before this is the Org at it's best!

Thats good to hear Liz, I hope he goes from strength to strength and you put your feet up and relax

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    Thats good to hear Liz, I hope he goes from strength to strength and you put your feet up and relax
    Bless you! I will try!

I can hear him chomping in his food just now and, along with the singing, it is such a wonderful sound. Charly loves his grub and it was horrible when he didn't eat.

I will let you know how he gets on.

I've been telling Charly today how many wonderful people have been thinking of him and wanting him to get well. So a big hug to you all from me, and Charly!

Thumbs up

Thats good to hear Liz. We are all rooting for him
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

one of my gran's cats has a heart murmer, it was discovered last year at her annual jab and the vet just said she should be ok but if gran notices anything different about her like in her health or her personality to take her back in to the vet, she isn't on medication for it though and thankfully she's been ok so far. she's 6 years old

I am glad your Gran's cat is okay. It's actually very common for cats to have heart murmurs which never need treatment. Kittens can actually be born with heart murmurs which then disappear.
    It all depends on the Grade.
    I haven't found out what Grade Charly's is but it must be quite high to need medication.
    Should find out tomorrow.

Default Charly

Delighted to hear Charly is improving Liz. He must be feeling better by the time he has started eating again. I used to have a Papillion dog and she was diagnosed with a heart murmur at 12 and after treatment from the vet she lived another 4 years with good health until eventually she took a bad turn and I had to get her put down. I was devastated.
    Best wishes to Charly for a good recovery.

Liz, so sorry to hear about charly but I'm sure he will recover well. Humans do and our pets have the same medication as ourselves.I had a lovely golden labrador who had a heart murmur and a leaking heart valve and he was on medication for life, including fluid tablets. He jumped the garden wall and walked for miles. He died aged 15 and that was only becaUSE A lorry ran over him on the pavement outside the house. I'm sure charly will do well and i send my best wishes.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Thumbs up

Thanks ever so much both! I truly, truly appreciate it!

I am really pleased to say that Charly is improving every day and I am cautiously optimistic that he will make a full recovery.

Today he came and rubbed against my leg for the first time since he became ill and it was great!!!

I had three dogs with heart murmurs and two lived to their full life span but, very sadly, I lost the other one at only 9 years old.

I really hope that Charly will be with us for another few years. He is such a gorgeous cat with a wonderful nature!

You have all kept me going these past few days and for that THANKS!!!!!

Glad to hear todays news Liz that charly has improved a little more again. This is the best news ever. Keep us posted on his progress, will you? LOL

I certainly will let you know he gets on and long to tell you all that he is completely fine now!

I am much more opitimistic now than I was on Tuesday!

It has restored my faith in human nature as well to know that there are lovely people who genuinely care.

Great news for you both Liz, onwards and upwards eh

Hope so Unicorn!

My own health has taken a real battering with the stress but will relax now that Charly is getting better.

Thats a pice of good news we've all been waiting to hear.
    I'm sure now Liz, that Charly has turned the corner and is getting better
    On wards and upwards as they say
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post
    Thats a pice of good news we've all been waiting to hear.
    I'm sure now Liz, that Charly has turned the corner and is getting better
    On wards and upwards as they say
    It has really cheered me up to know that people genuinely care how Charly is!

I am really pleased to say that he ate some dry food(which he loves!)today for the first time since becoming ill so this is great!

I still haven't managed to find out how bad his heart murmur is and when they want to see him again but am going to phone tomorrow to see whether I can speak to the Vet who treated him.

Paid the £65 bill today!!! Still would have paid more to get him better.

How's your lovely wee dog doing?

"monkey nuts" back to normal.

Its cost us £70 so far for antibiotics and anti inflamitary injections.

Dont know how I found it but I did.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post
    "monkey nuts" back to normal.

Its cost us £70 so far for antibiotics and anti inflamitary injections.

Dont know how I found it but I did.
    That's brilliant!!! Monkey nuts indeed!lol

I know the feeling! Still waiting to win the lottery!!!!!

Smile Update on Charly

I am delighted to let you all know that Charly is improving every day.

I just spoke to the Vet who is treating him and he said he couldn't actually hear Charly's heart properly due to all the fluid.

So he wants to see him this Wednesday afternoon.

I must confess I am very nervous about this so keep those healing thoughts etc coming please!!!

I am hoping though that the fact he is doing so well means his heart isn't too bad or, at least responding to medication.

Thanks everyone!!!

aww Liz don't worry about the worst case scenario Until you absolutely have to. I am sure he will be fine and the vets will do a fantastic job. Lots of hugs to Charly
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast