Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Sunrise in Anchorage

Default Sunrise in Anchorage

Took these last week as the sun was coming up....

In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

Simply stunning cullbucket.
    Just when you think everythings fine, life slaps you in the face.

wow what a sunrise!

Wonderful pictures cullbucket.

great sunrise cullbucket!
    Award winning photography http://www.martinacross.com/

Cullbucket if I cant have wall to wall snow pictures,these shots of the sunrise are the next best thing.

Is that your kids play park in the foreground?
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

No, that is just a kind of gazebo thing I think, we have a playpark much closer to home, just across the road..... the local ski resort
    http://www.alyeskaresort.com/
    just had to shut down again as it warmed up and all the snow at the bottom of the mountain melted... global warming sucks.....

You can see the playpark across the road from the house, behind my truck if you look very close - this was taken last year at this time of year....

Last edited by cullbucket; 12-Dec-07 at 05:31.

Question Anchorage

Hello Cullbucket, what time does the sun come up on the horizon in Anchorage at the moment?

An unrelated, non-photo question: do you know what is that big circular array (61 deg 51 min N, 149 deg 51 min west) on Fairchild Avenue to the north of Anchorage? I've been looking at it on Google Earth and it has had me puzzled for ages. It looks like some sort of antenna, and I think I located one exactly the same somewhere else, but then lost the information.
    Things that go bump in the night generally have been influenced by a Siamese

Theres a nice graphic on the daylight hour sand temps here....
    http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story...-9422740c.html

Sunrise is 10 a.m and we have 5 and a half hrs ....
    Of course here at Prudhoe Bay, the sun comes up in January...

There is an airforce base (Elmendorf) to the North of Anchorage so it will be military stuff.....
    Last edited by cullbucket; 11-Dec-07 at 23:53.

Smile

Thanks cullbucket. Sunrise here is at about 09:10. I'm not sure when it goes down. Ah, Metcheck says that it should be 08:51 to 15:21, so we are a bit better off - but when you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark it is all the same.

Thanks for the info. Keep the photos coming.

Ah, so it's a bit warm then? Well next week should be the shortest daylight hours. I know it does not brighten up noticeably straight away, but psychologically, you feel much better knowing that it's on the up to longer brighter days. Mince pies and coffee will carry me through the next week, then it's out with the shorts again...
    Last edited by psyberyeti; 11-Dec-07 at 23:58. Reason: after going to the site link given by cullbucket
    Things that go bump in the night generally have been influenced by a Siamese