Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 25 year reunion wick high school 1983-2008

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    And thanks to Tracey for showing my wife pictures of me with hair .....

Happy to oblige Allan !!!!

It was great to see everyone again, and look forward to the next one.

Just signed up, thanks Lynne for organising the reunion, you must have put in a power of hard work.

Apologies to those I didn't recognise, I will the next time, I promise.

Looking forward to the next one, although can't believe I could be 40 then!

And Beggz make sure to make this one, hope to see you soon.

Default That's Me

hi SDS,

you got me!! your screen name doesn't give anything away, take it you missed the night?

Quote Originally Posted by SDS View Post
    Lynne, a think e poor turnoot wiz coz folks thought from reading this thread that it wiz mainly e north lot that wiz going and it looked lek a reunion for e clique. a heard a couple of people say that e ither week. would've been there if hed known who wiz going but too late now so will hev to wait til e next one. are ye thinkin doing it again quickly or lek a 30 year one or what?
    also a no that some people never got invites an maybe thought that if you never got an invite it wiz coz some1 never wanted you to get one. a no thats not going 2 be how it is but a can imagine some folks would think that maybe. only offering ideas why no every1 went

david2soups, are ye e one that did at film when we just left e high school, e film aboot footballers in wick? i think it is but no absolutely sure and just wiz wanting til check.

bhg, a think a no who ye are. wiz ye on e telly last week and did a get introduced til ye when ye wiz up for yer sisters wedding e ither year? if it's who am thinkin o ma hubby hasn't stopped buying yon bookees from e top shelf ever since and a keep hearing e same thing "'ats ma ould mate did e cover for at one, a kent yin boy when we wiz bairns" and there stuck all up at hes work coz he boasts til e boys that he kens ye. boys eh? us lassies grow up but ye boys never do.

Mistaken identity - i must apologise to james macdonald who i thought was gizmo but after being collared by him at the football last night i now know he isn't, so who is gizmo!!

also we made £150 on the raffle and are giving this money to the wick high action group
    Last edited by lynne duncan; 29-Jul-08 at 10:37. Reason: added more

Quote Originally Posted by lynne duncan View Post
    Mistaken identity - i must apologise to james macdonald who i thought was gizmo but after being collared by him at the football last night i now know he isn't, so who is gizmo!!

also we made £150 on the raffle and are giving this money to the wick high action group
    Gizmo would prefer his identity to be kept private

thanks again for a great night.
    it was a brilliant night that went flying in! i was only going to go for a wee while and not drink as i was going out the next night as well, before i knew it though it was 1 o'clock and id had a fair few!!
    i didna realy mingle enough so we will def need another night so i can make sure i catch up wi everyone!
    was not at all a clique SDS,coz i wouldna of been in it if there had been one,wasnt at school often enough!!if it came across that way on here it was only a few off us that have probably never caught up since leaving primary and it was good to hear from old friends,you missed a good night out.and as for some people not getting an invite,well i think the organisers did well to get that huge list of names,never mind how they got as many addresses as they did,i certainly couldna o remembered so many,so if you was in that year,then that was your invite,not getting a wee card through the door should not of stopped anyone coming,wur 37,not 7!!

i look forward till next night,put my name down now!

Default Weel Said

Thank you Lynne for a fantastic night, has been said, mainly by those who couldn't make it, that it was a poor turn out. Didnae feel that way at all. Not enough time to speak to everyone as it was! Cat, thank you for posting that last post. Couldn't have put it better! See you all in 2011 (if not before) XX

Default Well said Cat

You know what Cat, you just said it all. I'm still waiting to get my invite from my sis (she filed it somewhere) but I still made it on the night. I know we see each other alot but it was still good to get the crack, and it definately wasn't a clique. Lynne you can put my name down now cause I'll not be missing the next one either.

I knew the reunion was on and thanks to Lynne for contacting me (though I think your email address may be wrong) and I've no lived in Wick for two decades. I agree 2011 is far too long.

In fact next year will be 20 years since our year would have finished 6th year. Anything for a party.

Default Lazy Bas@rds

hi all,

i know it's not like me but i will stoke the fire, THE LOCALS WERE SHITE!!

there were no 'CLIQUE'S IN WEEK' friend's are friend's no matter what!!

we all have skeletons in the closet but who cares!!! friendship and memories are far more important and will last a lifetime.

it was great to see everyone that turned up. I even managed to catch up with a couple who never made the night due to a fear of loose lip's.

thanks to lynne for all the effort. I would turn up any time to see old friends.

Remember - "Life is not a dress rehersall"

David Campbell

Yes - "The Gift"

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    thanks again for a great night.
    it was a brilliant night that went flying in! i was only going to go for a wee while and not drink as i was going out the next night as well, before i knew it though it was 1 o'clock and id had a fair few!!
    i didna realy mingle enough so we will def need another night so i can make sure i catch up wi everyone!
    was not at all a clique SDS,coz i wouldna of been in it if there had been one,wasnt at school often enough!!if it came across that way on here it was only a few off us that have probably never caught up since leaving primary and it was good to hear from old friends,you missed a good night out.and as for some people not getting an invite,well i think the organisers did well to get that huge list of names,never mind how they got as many addresses as they did,i certainly couldna o remembered so many,so if you was in that year,then that was your invite,not getting a wee card through the door should not of stopped anyone coming,wur 37,not 7!!

i look forward till next night,put my name down now!

Quote Originally Posted by SDS View Post
    us lassies grow up but ye boys never do.
    Maybe....................but atleast we don't use text speak .

Not got the foggiest idea who you are SDS, but feel free to email me.

And there you were telling me the other week I was wrong, I reckon I might be right after all. The username, the cycling proficiency pic, and the bike comment, all have me wanting to put my money on it being Coco. Am I right Gizmo?

when shall we go for reunion 2 - 2011 for our 40th birthdays or for 2013 for our 30 year since starting high school.

and anyone who fancies another one make sure we have your address and we'll add it to the list
    I would've loved to have made it last week, so would definitely be keen to recieve an invite should you decide to do another. I know you have to consider the majority and that that'll mean a preference for fitting things around the scottish school holiday dates, but as long as I get notice I'll make the effort to be there.

we all have skeletons in the closet but who cares!!! friendship and memories are far more important and will last a lifetime.
    Well said David and Cat. For me, I just found out about the reunion too late and my circumstances were such that I just couldn't make it, but I would've loved to have been there and certainly didn't get the impression from the posts here that there was any kind of clique.

Quote Originally Posted by BHG View Post
    And there you were telling me the other week I was wrong, I reckon I might be right after all. The username, the cycling proficiency pic, and the bike comment, all have me wanting to put my money on it being Coco. Am I right Gizmo?
    Do you have trouble reading?, i said i would prefer my identity to be kept private, so please stop the guesswork.

There were a lot of piccies taken on the night, is there a chance that everyone could send in their shots so an album could be available on the site, especially the group shots?

Re: charges of a Clique and many were from the North PS. There were 8/9 of us from Pultney PS so I can't accept that. Also given that I left Wick over two decades ago I don't think I could be described as being one of the so called "clique".

I was really looking forward to this party and had been aware of it since the start of the year and yes I was dissapointed by the turn-out but that didn't lessen what was an extremely enjoyable night and given the comments from those who couldn't make it for one reason or another, it seems the next reunion will be better attended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Do you have trouble reading?, i said i would prefer my identity to be kept private, so please stop the guesswork.
    Fair enough, I fully understand that some people wish identites to remain private (even I elected for a username that wasn't too obvious, what with these pages being picked up by the SE's) , so I apologise.

in a square thing made of bricks. Oh, it's called a house! lol

Quote Originally Posted by lynne duncan View Post
    thank you all, but a couple of coffees with carol and a lot of blethering made organising it fun.
    when shall we go for reunion 2 - 2011 for our 40th birthdays or for 2013 for our 30 year since starting high school.

and anyone who fancies another one make sure we have your address and we'll add it to the list

Why not have a reunion 2 and a reunion 3??? Seems we're all up for a reunion of any kind and any excuse will suffice!!!

Just thinking ahead - where did the ex-pats stay when they came up for reunion 1?? Might be an idea if we could get discounted rates for someplace and converge en-masse so the catch up isn't time limited? Book me in now for both reunion 2 & 3

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789