Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call that Music??!!

karia Guest

Default Call that Music??!!

Time to vent!

Which contemporary musical 'stars' leave you cold as snow?

1) Katie Melua..no you are not the 'closest thing to heaven'..you just over enunciate!

2) James Blunt..you are not beautiful , you are a bit whiney though!

3) Mika....where should I start??

Karia

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    Time to vent!

Which contemporary musical 'stars' leave you cold as snow?

1) Katie Melua..no you are not the 'closest thing to heaven'..you just over enunciate!

2) James Blunt..you are not beautiful , you are a bit whiney though!

3) Mika....where should I start??
    Karia
    Karia, with respect, should this not be posted in the Music Forum?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

i agree with you on the 1st two but i LOVE mika!!!!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Karia, with respect, should this not be posted in the Music Forum?
    Would that they were musically inclined golach.....but that thread is limited to Caithness music.

Sadly, these folks are widespread!

You might want to get your hoodie back V quickly!

kariax

Have to agree with Katie Meula as I would rather have a root canal done without anathestetic than listen to her.

I would have said James Blunt as well but having seen him take the mickey out of himself on Top Gear tonight I will leave him out, plus any guy who puts his sister on Ebay is a kindred spirit.

The only artist that I really cant stand is Alanis Morrisette. I would rather practice bleeding than listen to her.

I can't stand Brian McFadden, ex Westlife, the very sight of him makes me feel sick.... and as for Amy Winehouse well.....

I love Mika though, they have a fresh and unique sound!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

I moved this to the Music section which definately discusses more than just Caithness music, despite what the forum sub-title might say.

I'll return to this thread later once I've put my mind to it!

karia Guest

I was really hoping for a more general response to pop culture and have nothing to add to Caithness music past and present.

Unless Katie melua moves to Keiss!

Karia...!

I was really hoping for a more general response to pop culture and have nothing to add to Caithness music past and present.

Unless Katie melua moves to Keiss!

Karia...!
    It's all crap.!!!!!!!!!!
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

I don't understand what all the negativity is towards James Blunt right now, I have been listening to this stuff on the radio over here and I think it is excellent. How many of the humble listeners out there can write a song as good as "1973", yes we can all be great critics when we can't do it ourselves. I think "1973" is one of the most beautifully crafted and melodic songs I have heard in a very long time, its just brilliant, and he even managed to fit in a reference to one of my favourite songs "I can see clearly now, the rain has gone" Fair play to him.

James Blunt is a man that does not listen to critics, he does what he wants to do and those who don't like it don't have to listen. The man is a an extremely talented songwriter and musician and he has my utmost respect! Sorry to be blunt, but go out there and try doing it yourself befire pushing someone in the gutter!
    Last edited by Jeemag_USA; 02-Dec-07 at 23:49.

karia Guest

Sadly it would seem that..

..that's the way..ah ha. ah ha...they like it!

I'm with trix on this one!

Karia

Default A bit of opera

Had this emailed me today,I never saw the auditions bit of this, he may be raw, but he can certainly make you emotional. Amy Whinehouse, is aptly named, all she does is moan and whine and I think her singing is crap.

YouTube - BGT FINAL -Paul Potts high quality video/sound

A good hug often helps

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    I don't understand what all the negativity is towards James Blunt right now, I have been listening to this stuff on the radio over here and I think it is excellent. How many of the humble listeners out there can write a song as good as "1973", yes we can all be great critics when we can't do it ourselves. I think "1973" is one of the most beautifully crafted and melodic songs I have heard in a very long time, its just brilliant, and he even managed to fit in a reference to one of my favourite songs "I can see clearly now, the rain has gone" Fair play to him.

James Blunt is a man that does not listen to critics, he does what he wants to do and those who don't like it don't have to listen. The man is a an extremely talented songwriter and musician and he has my utmost respect! Sorry to be blunt, but go out there and try doing it yourself befire pushing someone in the gutter!

1973 was the year before he was born..but not before I was and it is very strange listening to him referencing my experience when he doesn't share it!

I may not like his music but how does that equate to 'pushing him in the gutter' ?

Karia

James Blunt "1973"

"1973"

Simona
    You're getting older
    Your journey's been
    Etched on your skin

Simona
    Wish I had known that
    What seemed so strong
    Has been and gone

[Chorus:]
    I would call you up everyday Saturday night
    And we both stayed out 'til the morning light
    And we sang, "Here we go again"
    And though time goes by
    I will always be
    In a club with you
    In 1973
    Singing "Here we go again"

Simona
    Wish I was sober
    So I could see clearly now
    The rain has gone

Simona
    I guess it's over
    My memory plays our tune
    The same old song

[Chorus x3]

And though time goes by
    I will always be
    In a club with you
    In 1973

You have to listen to the song to get the full feeling of it, its a great song, and its very personal and sung with heart! I love it, one of my favourite songs right now!

I may not like his music but how does that equate to 'pushing him in the gutter' ?

Karia
    it disna, not at all a,k. yer entitled til yer opinion, lek e rest o us.

when his 1st album came oot i playd it til dieth, now i cana bare til listen til it.

same thing when his 2nd one came oot. 1973 is a catchy tune, its on a radio alot but at e end o a day...its all crap
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

It's all crap.!!!!!!!!!! - nice one G2 a considered and thoughtful response. I only agree for that one on Mika, pap rather than crap but my daughter is a fan.
    I however quite like Amy W. pity she's hovering around self destruct, I do like the sounds she puts out - a little too derived but well done.
    Katie M. she is a talented singer, quite syrupy on occasion but I'd put her alongside Norah Jones as a polished and able musician.
    James Blunt - I just don't like his voice - just personal preference.

I think they all suffer critically because seem universally liked, never a good way to gain acclaim

Quote Originally Posted by bluelady View Post
    Had this emailed me today,I never saw the auditions bit of this, he may be raw, but he can certainly make you emotional. Amy Whinehouse, is aptly named, all she does is moan and whine and I think her singing is crap.

YouTube - BGT FINAL -Paul Potts high quality video/sound
    Im with you on Amy Whiiinnnehouse

Yes have to agree on all 3 karia stated at the start of this thread.

God james Blunt is annoying!

However, i also cannot bear to hear bands like Razorlight, Coldplay, Kings Of Leon.......and the rest of the manufactured indie/rock bands that litter britain at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by loganbiffy View Post
    Yes have to agree on all 3 karia stated at the start of this thread.

God james Blunt is annoying!

However, i also cannot bear to hear bands like Razorlight, Coldplay, Kings Of Leon.......and the rest of the manufactured indie/rock bands that litter britain at the moment.
    What exactly do you mean by "manufactured / indie rock bands" !! We have manufactured "pop" acts ( I would term manufactured to mean that songs are written by outside professionals, that professional PR companies manage the bands audience perception, that outside stylists "style" the act, that an outside producer / arranger shapes the band sound ) Nowadays all bands use PR, and every band in history has used outside producers at some stage of their career. Why single out "indie" and what exactly is "indie"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post

Unfortunately for him, he didn't write it! James Blunt has a team of song writers that write his songs (and I don't mean his backing band). He is as much manufactured as everyone else who uses 'professional songwriters'....

Have to admit I find his stuff way too saccharin in that it is fine for the first couple of listens but after that it starts to make you feel sick... so you can put me firmly in the 'he will be up against the wall when the revolution comes' camp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast