Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Waterfront Jyro Jets

Default Waterfront Jyro Jets

Anybody there on Saturday night, what was the crack ?

Can only speak for myself but I had a great night. Colin went on at about quarter past ten then Betsy Twinkler, each playing for 45 minutes. Wasnt a great crowd at the start but steadily built up and was pretty heavin' for the Jyrojets, who seemed to go down very well. The sound was great. Was brilliant to have some good music in the Waterfront, especially a band like the jyrojets who most of us hadn't seen before. Roll on more nights like that in the waterfront!

i was there as well they seemed to go down very well with the crowd anyway, they were really good hopefully this will mean more bands coming up to play in the waterfront was a good night for all the people i spoke to

Delighted to hear it. Sounds like a success.

yeah agree wae the comments above - colin played a good solid set which set the tone, we went on an played a set of roughly the same length and then cue the jyrojets who went down a treat according to the majority of those who attended

their own stuff was quality live and a masterful cover of time for heroes by the libertines to boot - take a bow lads, it could be the start of something beautiful.

oh yeah cheers to that isaac chiel for the sound too
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Keep supporting live music, folks. Even if it's a band from Inverness you don't really like. Like it or not, bands even such as JJ are influential, in the sense that they are a signed touring band. They, like many other bands who have played Caithness, often share stories about where they have played. You wouldn't believe the amount of bands I know who wouldn't so much as think about playing Caithness, the reason most often coming down to the reception they receive, and the way they are treated. Support the touring bands who come to Caithness, and, within a year or two the county will start to reap the benefits. Just think of the 'Hello' the surfers get when attending a local competition that has an international audience.
    Last edited by The Pepsi Challenge; 27-Nov-07 at 16:40.