Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any thoughts on butchers...

Default any thoughts on butchers...

where would you recommend for really good quality beef? If possible locally produced, properly matured (hung on the bone for several weeks).
    The box said, "Requires Windows XP or better"...

... so I installed Ubuntu!

I always use Harrolds in Thurso and they are excellent. We buy all our meat from the butchers as they are very welcoming when you go into the shop.

when I lived in Thurso I always used Mackays the butcher very good and nice staff always a friendly chat and they deliver If weather is bad

Mmm Harrolds Steak Pies as well
    Last edited by Anne x; 24-Nov-07 at 16:52.
    Its nice to be nice

we always use Harrolds in Wick or Thurso

Every time I am home its Harolds, fillet steaks oh boy !!!

I like Bews for meat,they are very good x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Bews in Thurso, always buy fillet for the beef wellington on boxing day, its fantastic and you cannot beat their black pudding its yummy
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Their stuffings are great too! I love it cold the next day on a sandwich...better than the christmas dinner IMO x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Smile Beef

Always Bews Butchers. Pay a bit more in some cases but suprime meat all the time. Try their exotic meats (ostrich steaks are great).

Quote Originally Posted by NickInTheNorth View Post
    where would you recommend for really good quality beef? If possible locally produced, properly matured (hung on the bone for several weeks).
    I do not know antwhere in the county better than Bews in Thurso. And they have a great range of other food stuffs, some speciality foods, in a very clean and tidy shop. Well worth a visit just to see the range of foods they sell.

I personally like Castletown Butcher Shop. Excellent beef from there

Try D.C. Gordon Butchers on Sir George Street. Oh, wait, hang on a minute...

TBH Nick I believe all the local butchers (on the Thurso side anyway) have superb reputations - and from what I see here some very loyal customers which is nice to see .

Our own personal preference is Mackays - love the chicken sausages and the steak & mince pies are lovely and rich.

Quoys of Canisbay is brill for beef, aberdeen angus steaks are reaaly yummy, and they can deliver larger orders

Bews are really good. Greystones pork is excellent

Bews but also Harrolds for their mince round

Always Bews the Butcher!

It has to be Harrolds in Wick for me, there beef, lamb and pork is supplied by local farmers through Mey select and is properly matured.

lazytown, I'm with you Castletown butchers are great. brilliant selection and local beef.

I use Harolds in Thurso or george Harpers in Wick and cant fault either of them. Bews in Thurso isnt bad either I have had stuff from them too for a fact I dont think you can really fault any butcher up here. Its all locally produced food and reasonably priced

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast