Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Muddy school clothes

Default Muddy school clothes

Some parents might think I am a stick in the mud, but how one arth do you stop your kids from getting too dirty at school.

My son started primary five two and a half weeks ago. His new school shoes are wrecked , and there is not a day gone past when he hasnt come home caked in mud. And I mean up to his neck in it.

I cant get the mud stains out of his polo shirts (not even with vanish or ace bleach,) the jumpers fade if you wash them too much and some days he needs 2 . One in the morning and one in the afternoon. I would have thought the school would be complaining about the childeren taking the mud into the classroom.
    We were not allowed on the grass if it was wet when I was at the same school.

So I was wondering If any one is having the same problem. Some days he makes a right mess of the car comming home, and before anyone starts I have to pick him up or he would be crossing main roads that dont have a lolypop lady, and there is no primary bus service.

I am thinking of putting him to school next week in a pair of wellies for starters and if it continues maybe a boilersuit.As there is no point forking out for uniform if it is just going to get wrecked.

Can understand how you are feeling kaz but have you tried talking to teachers at school to find out why the children are allowed to get in such a mess, surely there should be someone supervising playground?
    Live life to the full, you only get one chance so make it count
    dont be to happy coz someone sure to shoot you down

is your son old enough to know when hes rollin in mud up to his neck. Time to take some responsibility for his actions. Maybe you could tell him to stop it, else he has to wash his own clothes. That sorted my boys out!

I thought about speaking to the teachers but wasnt sure how they would react,

I dont think he actually rolls in it, it is tackles at football that seems to be the culprit. He was grounded last week but it didnt seem to make any difference.

I like that idea of making him wash the clothes himself, although he is only 8 it might make him understand a little.

yeah, it can be a good thing for kids to learn. and I don't mean like a punishment, just like, help me here, these are your clothes and scrub this muddy spot so you'll have clean polo tomorrow.

yeah, speaking to teachers can be tricky. maybe just politely asking, how can my boy be getting so muddy, like you are curious but not accusing.

this sounds a bit harsh but it may work. tell your son that if he continues to get muddy, you will not be buying him new clothes but giving him 'hand me downs' or clothes from the charity shop. Hopefully he will take heed of what he is doing to the clothes which you work hard to pay for.

Default muddy school clothes

Threaten him thta you'll be putting him to school in shorts if he doesn't stop with all the muck!!!.

Sounds like we have boys at the same school!! I find shoes are a problem too, i stopped buying expensive shoes&putting them in trainers, as all they do is play footy.
    since the start of the new term they have been told they have to play on the grass no matter what the weather( last term they played on the tarmac) and to take old clothes to change into..i presume to change back at the end or every playtime/lunch time.
    But you are right sometimes they have to wait till trousers are dry before leavingfor school

Look on the bright side he may have muddy clothes but he is out getting exercise and having fun. Sounds like a good compromise to me.

Been speaking to other parents and it seems to be they are all comming home dirty. Most said get cheap black trainers instead of good school shoes as they are not allowed to play games on the tarmac, and get school clothes from Tesco.

Would he be able to take a boilersuit in with him?my boy used to do that and it did make a differance and once one took theirs in they all did,esp handy in winter time he didn't have to sit around all day with wet clothes.

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

How about you try laminating him instead

Then when he comes home at night just hose him down

Job done all nice and clean

Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Tried that didn't work!!!