Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help settle a debate

oh yeah, sisters of mercy etc etc

paradise lost, the misfits were punk goth,

even nine inch nails in the late nineteen eighties were part of the gothic scene.

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    oh yeah, sisters of mercy etc etc

paradise lost, the misfits were punk goth,

even nine inch nails in the late nineteen eighties were part of the gothic scene.
    For the exception of maybe the misfits, I would never have described any of that goth.

Just plain old heavy metal for me.

Paradise Lost are goth I think... I'm pretty sure they put themselves into that category with the kids. Could be wrong though.

NiN however... nah, not goth. Pretty good though

For what's it worth I always thought goth music was heavy metal only with more keyboards in it. NIN, in my view, were industrial metal, though not in the strictest sense of the word. exes-X44 were industrial metal. Speaking of Nine Inch Nails, them, alongside Rage Against The Machine, Slayer, Helmet and White Zombie, were some of the best gigs I'd ever seen - and am not a huge heavy rock/metal fan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    For what's it worth I always thought goth music was heavy metal only with more keyboards in it. NIN, in my view, were industrial metal, though not in the strictest sense of the word. exes-X44 were industrial metal. Speaking of Nine Inch Nails, them, alongside Rage Against The Machine, Slayer, Helmet and White Zombie, were some of the best gigs I'd ever seen - and am not a huge heavy rock/metal fan.
    Depends on what period you are placing "goth" ie The Banshee's, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, The Mission, Southern Death Cult, all early / mid 80's, not a trace of metal in any of them.

... and there's where we differ.

has anbody heard nine inch nails's ep/album pretty hate machine, it was at that time part of the underground goth scene.

but again its a prefrence isnt.

PHM is a quality album: 80s without sounding totally 80s. You remember Reznor's first band before forming NIN? Imagine Depeche Mode on a bad hair day (which is saying something). I used to play Head Like A Hole with two bass players and two drummers. Quality track.

Kate Bush: Progressive folk pop.

pepsi used to play head like a hole!!!

my world is tipped on its head lol

the album is amazing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12