Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Disasters at Sea

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile

[QUOTE=Tricia;298119]Thanks Val.
    That ties another twig in for me - apart from the Cormack Bain Budge relationship as my earlier message -
    James Robertson (b1835 to Donald Robertson and Barbara Simpson) married 10 Jul 1857 to Catherine Gair -
    their g'son James Robertson b Keiss c 1891 m Eliz Duncan 1919 in Inverness - she my 1C2R.
    Do you relate to the Robertsons!.

In an earlier email Robyn mentioned Photo of Ann Taylor Herring Queen - do either of you relate to her family!

Hi Tricia and Val
    Now I'm not sure where the Taylor's fit but it's in there somewhere! I've attached a photo of Betty Taylor - I would assume (not a good thing too do) that it is Alice Taylor's sister. The message on the back looks to have been written by Mary Bain to her nephews, my Dad and Uncle, and reads:

"This is a photo of your Dad's (that's James) Cousin Cathie McKays her oldest girl she has four younger than this one all girls would like she had a boy

her name is Betty Taylor"

The one of Alice Taylor in the Herring Queen Photo Page is a newspaper cutting sent to James and his family. Dated 12 July 1938.

Every little helps
    regards robyn
    Last edited by robynaus; 03-Jan-08 at 01:46.
    Looking for Bain, Mowat(t), from Keiss-by-Wick