I was speaking to my mates last night about the band on this month which we seen advertised in the Groat last week. The band Jyrojets www.jyrojets.com are playing live at the Waterfront on 24th November 07.

I was looking on their web site and seen that they have returned from a tour in the U.S.A. They were in Russia and Germany plus the U.K also. They are from Inverness so we believe. They have been on BBC Radio 2 and been the opening supporting band for Richard Ashcroft.

The last Jyrojets headline gig in Inverness was a complete riot, with about 1,000 fans filling The IronWorks. The band hav already headlined the BBC Radio Scotland stage at the Belladrum Festival, supported Dirty Pretty Things, The Kaiser Chiefs and The Ordinary Boys, played festivals in Spain and Moscow with live radio and TV broadcasts across Russia. Their music has been described as a heavy kick of Nirvana with Simon & Garfunkel harmonies, Beatles melodies and plenty of attitude, which pretty much sums up their diverse influences.

This will be good to see and its been a while since there has been a good band playing in Wick apart from the Red Hot Chilli Pipers back in July.

Let me know if anyone is going to see them.