Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, Music in Caithness

Default OK, Music in Caithness

If we were to come and play up in Wick / Thurso and were after some support / other bands to play with (original bands, no covers monkeys), who would be able to pull in the biggest crowds and the most interest?

I would like to play in the Waterfront to a decent crowd...top night all round needed!

Also, dmore, I have replied to your mail...

i don't know any band that could fit being a crowd puller and do all originals

maybe Cuban Heels... they have a lot of original stuff and are a really good band

dmore Guest

Default Pulling Power

Hey,

I think Jinx'd would pull you in a good crowd. They have some stuff of there own they play. I think they have some new stuff to put out as well.

dmore

Was my email any good for you Mr More?

The Rebels are a pretty good high energy band who always seem to pull a good crowd, i think it's just covers that they do though, dont know if they are still around though as i havent seen them in a while.

I just want to take my band up! I think it would be really class to play up there, might get on to the Waterfront today. I could probably take another Liverpool band up as well.

We actually played in Manchester on Friday with a band from Aberdeen!

Anonymous Guest

Aye mike, cool, who were they?

Then Came Music

led_pighp Guest

Default re bands

prolly most decent band i heard in thurso was the howlin gails, donnie is one spot on harp player. nothing wrong with covers mike

You haven't heard enough bands then!

Are you still looking for a band to support your band?
    Also how long a set would you need?

Ah well, the old bnd split and a new one is in the offing. Set of about 30 minutes would be needed if poss. Still on the lookout for somewhere that would be worth playing venue wise though.

there's a severe lack of musical originality up here mike. everyone is either a cover band or writing songs that sound like Oasis

led_pighp Guest

Default re re

nah mike i just know good music when i hear it

Fair enough, but why bother listening to monkeys doing bad copies of other people's tunes when I can buy the CD and listen to the real thing? It isn't inventive playing note for note what someone else has wrote, is it?

led_pighp Guest

Default re

yeah but not everyone shares your opinion in what is good music,
    dont get me wrong i like to hear originals being played in bands
    but also like hearing covers aswell as long as they are played good

i mean who gives a flip as long as the music sounds good

i hate thurso. trying to get an original band is impossible.

i don't kno wmany people who are willing to go ahead and do their own stuff

Default Original sounding band

Hey mike i saw your post and there is (unlike you have been told)a band in Thurso who has an album worth of their own songs. They are called Fear of Faith and they would be very interested in playing as a support band for you as their isn't many gigs held up here. If your interested they have a webiste if you wanted more info before making a decision it is www.members.lycos.co.uk/fearless4 thanks

Cari

Default ye

yeam the guitarist frm fear of faith we wud b willin to play as a support band we play entirly our own material were sorta rock/metal its a bit of everything reallly
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

I am up in Wick next week. I might try a couple of people while there because the band really wants to come up to play!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast