Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: eagles new album [long road out of eden]

Default eagles new album [long road out of eden]

highly recommended, got it today, brill ,well worth the long wait
    if its no broke why fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by botheed View Post
    highly recommended, got it today, brill ,well worth the long wait
    Thanks for the heads up, haven't had a chance to listen to any of their new stuff but will check it out. Seems to be the year of the comebacks, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band have released a new album and so has John Fogarty of Creedence Cleerwater, heard a conge from it called Creedence Time today and it was not half bad really, captured the old CCR sound nicely.

Cheers for this info. That's part of hubby's Christmas pressie sorted now

28 years since their last album - jings, that's 7 World Cups.

@ Jeemag:
    I've had the new Fogerty album for a few weeks now, and it's really, really good. The man just knows what to do.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

It said on the radio here today the album is released today, but it will only be sold at Walmart and walmart.com which means it will not be allowed to appear on the Billboard charts because the album has to be on general sale everywhere for that to happen. So its not going to be a number one album here, I am sure they don't care though.

bought it last night, listened to it on the way home. didnt really sound like them, have they got a new singer?
    I Was Born Brilliant; Education Ruined Me

We listened to a track from the new album on the radio here tonight. It sounded like the Eagles to me, but I'm not really "eagle-eared". Hubby did remark that they've not been the same since they sacked Don Felder so it looks like he's going to be disappointed with at least one Santa parcel this year..... again....

i got the album last week, think it's very average. Maybe after a few more listen it will grow on me?
    Scottish by birth, British by law,Highlander by the grace of God.

Did you see the price of the tickets for their London show? £950. Everybody should download the album for free. To hell with those post-hippy cash junkies. They ought to call the gig: Take It To The Limit (Of Your Credit Card).