Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ICE .. A seriously good idea.

Default ICE .. A seriously good idea.

Not sure if this has been posted before but I think its worth passing on. My neighbour is a Paramedic and in the course of a chat he has mentioned a proceedure called ICE .. (In Case of Emergency) .. I had never heard of it. Apparently it originated in America where paramedics were finding mobiles on accident victims and did not know who to call first to inform.

The idea is that we all carry mobiles, but if you are (God forbid) injured, asssualted, collapse and are out cold then any Paramedic, Fireman or Police Officer will look at your mobile phonebook and look for the entry of ICE. All you have to do is log the number of the person you would want contacted in the event of emergency under the name ICE. Obviously if there is more than one then you would log them as ICE 1, ICE 2 in order of priority.

I think its a darn good idea and have entered a couple of ICE entries already.

Hi there!I have been using the ICE system for a year now and it was very helpful recently when I had an accident so I think its a great idea x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Hi there!I have been using the ICE system for a year now and it was very helpful recently when I had an accident so I think its a great idea x
    A year ??, today was the first I had heard of it. Should be publicised a bit more methinks.

Yeah probably should be cos I was speaking to a fireman just before christmas last year and he had never even heard of it,I was told about it by a mate in the states and decided to give it a try.At least all my mates know that I have a number under ICE even if nobody else does...yet!The org will help with that problem tho x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Quote Originally Posted by Camel Spider View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted before but I think its worth passing on. My neighbour is a Paramedic and in the course of a chat he has mentioned a proceedure called ICE .. (In Case of Emergency) .. I had never heard of it. Apparently it originated in America where paramedics were finding mobiles on accident victims and did not know who to call first to inform.

The idea is that we all carry mobiles, but if you are (God forbid) injured, asssualted, collapse and are out cold then any Paramedic, Fireman or Police Officer will look at your mobile phonebook and look for the entry of ICE. All you have to do is log the number of the person you would want contacted in the event of emergency under the name ICE. Obviously if there is more than one then you would log them as ICE 1, ICE 2 in order of priority.

I think its a darn good idea and have entered a couple of ICE entries already.
    Just done it as well....what a simple but brilliant idea.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

SNOWDOG Guest

ICE has been on the go for quite a while in the UK. Its very handy as most people do carry a mobile phone nowadays.

Had mine loged on mobile for well over a year now and as were on the rds alot its peace of mind. Brill idea. jan x
    computer says no ........

I'd never heard of this until now, but have just added mine to my mobile.
    What a great (and really simple) idea!

I think that is a simply brilliant idea as well. I'd never heard of it till today either. Thanks Camel spider. Now wheres that mobile.

Hey, yea its a great idea ive had ICE in my phone for about 6 mnths now. ~But thank god not had to use it.
    A balanced diet is a cake in each hand.

As Fred will tell you, nothing good comes from America and ICE was actually started in England. The emergency crews here prefer that the info be kept with the driver's license rather than having to access the mobile.

Default Ice

What a great idea, I've never heard of this until now. I've put ICE into my mobile and my hubbies and sons.

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    As Fred will tell you, nothing good comes from America and ICE was actually started in England. The emergency crews here prefer that the info be kept with the driver's license rather than having to access the mobile.
    That's okay , assuming you drive a car.

what about pedestrians and passengers, both car and public transport ?

Best to do both..nothing wrong with a 'belt and braces' approach.

karia

what a brilliant idea that is i must go and do that now.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Thanks CS, have added ICE numbers to both mine and Mrs G's phones, she thinks I am wonderful and have thought this up all by myself
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Thanks CS, have added ICE numbers to both mine and Mrs G's phones, she thinks I am wonderful and have thought this up all by myself
    But you're going to come clean about that ....aren't you?

karia

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    But you're going to come clean about that ....aren't you?

karia
    Why?..............., I need all the Brownie points I can get
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Trust you to take the credit Golach
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Heard this a while ago, yes it is a really good idea! Will definately do it!

Only recently got a mobile (live in the dark ages I do) I put ICE on straight away,heard about it a while back, must get hubby to do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast