Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thurso otters

MPH I am now green with envy, what a couple of shots to get!

Lovely shots MPH,now I know it is for real,great.
    We are sampling New England just now and there is alltogether too much to see

nice photos , i was out walking my dog in the evening a few weeks ago and saw 2 otters in thurso river near the boating pond , great sight to see

I was walking home from work over the service bridge about 01.30 in wick, when i heard splashing and looked over to see two otters playing about musta been for about 15-20 mins. I havn't seen one let alone two in wick since i was young (bout 20 years ago).

I had the same experience myself in Wick a couple of weeks back. Heading past the Bridge at night we heard a strange noise. On further investigation it was what we believe to be three otters. One of the greatest sights I have seen in Wick and would love to see again.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish_willow View Post
    I had the same experience myself in Wick a couple of weeks back. Heading past the Bridge at night we heard a strange noise. On further investigation it was what we believe to be three otters. One of the greatest sights I have seen in Wick and would love to see again.

I stop now every night on my way home or to work for awhile just in case i see them again

There were 2 playing in Wick river by the medical centre last night, they swam right into the light from the service bridge streetlamps and looked up to see what the commotion was from me & my wife nearly falling off the bridge to see them!!! Very cute

Default otter

was driveing to castletown last week and there was anotter lying dead on the corner at lady janets wood

Quote Originally Posted by luke83 View Post
    There were 2 playing in Wick river by the medical centre last night, they swam right into the light from the service bridge streetlamps and looked up to see what the commotion was from me & my wife nearly falling off the bridge to see them!!! Very cute
    yeah i spotted them too at about 6:20am going to work. knew there were otters about but had never seen any ..... just a shame i didn't have my camera on me.
    If its profound what was the name of the golfer and what did he find?

Quote Originally Posted by the_count View Post
    yeah i spotted them too at about 6:20am going to work. knew there were otters about but had never seen any ..... just a shame i didn't have my camera on me.
    My wife saw one of them sitting on the slipway beside the medical centre on friday at around half four, it was sitting there with a fish in it's hand, happily munching away and completely oblivious to everything going on around it.

Anyone seen them on Thurso River recently??
    Away with the birds

We saw one running accross the road towards the sea outside Sandside Estate on the road leading to the harbour about an hour ago.
    It was quite dark but my wife knows her nature and swears it was an otter.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kas View Post
    Anyone seen them on Thurso River recently??
    Not seen or heard any recently and i'm up and down the river fairly regularly but its all down to luck,can go months without seeing any and then up the pop several days in a row.

Spotted the Wick pair again behind the doctors heading under the bridge at 6:15 this morning .... just a shame it was to dark to get pictures
    If its profound what was the name of the golfer and what did he find?

Seen one the other day upstream of Dirlot Gorge, Played in the pool for about 10 minutes before quietly disappearing out of sight. It didnt appear to be phased by the human audience. One of the few times I have been out and about without my camera.

Thanks to a mate I saw this one last night. I did not have a zoom lens so the photo is a heavily croppped one, hence being a bit dodgy. I went back tonight but there is too much activity with the surfing finals taking place.

Away with the birds

Oh well done you "caught" one tho!

I saw it again tonight, the light was poor for photos but at least I got photos. It was great to watch, quite a cheeky character.

Away with the birds

Default Dinnertime

Heres hoping for the same sighting on a nice bright day.
    Away with the birds

Brillaint pics Kas! Otters are gorgeous aren't they?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast