Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: how to

Smile how to

i need to change my photos before i post them on my bebo site and it wont take them cos they dont have jpg,jpeg,gif,png,brmp does any one know how to change this on my comp so i can put photos?? thank you xx

Can you tell us what format your photos are in at present? This is usually determined by the 3 letters after the full stop in the name (i.e. dog.jpg is a jpg file). From there a conversion program can be recommended.

i am really not sure sorry but when i try to upload them it comes upJPEG,GIF OR PNG so dont know if that helps really not sure tho sorry

What you need to do is browse to where these files are stored on your computer. Then at the top of the screen click Tools. Then click Folder Options. Then click on the second tab labelled View. In this list of options you need to make sure that the box beside Hide extensions for known file types is NOT ticked. Then click ok. For the photos there will now be the original name and an extension. The extension comprises of a full stop and then some more letters and possible numbers. Usually 3. Sometimes more or less. Can you tell is what this extension is?
    Talking To God....
    http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal

i tried that i really dont know what i am doin???? sorry i done the hide extensions i unticked it but after that its?????? so sorry x

Can you go to the folder where the photo is stored? If so can you tell us what the name of the photo is?
    Talking To God....
    http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal

sp_A0100.jpg thats what it says hope this is ok and thank you for all this help x

Well that is a JPG file so Bebo should have no problem with it. When you're trying to upload them to Bebo what error is it giving?

see there in lower keys and they are askin for it in CAPS if u know what i mean??

Sorry but Bebo isn't that fussy - I've uploaded photos in lower, upper and mixed case without problem. There is a limit of 2Mb per photo but for a JPG file that's huge.

From the Photo's section of your Bebo page, click the Upload link then either choose an existing or a new album using the appropriate Select button.

Now click the Browse button and point to where the photo is stored on your computer (often My Documents/My Pictures) and click the Open button. You can continue choosing individual images until you have a list of them, or you can just proceed with one for now.

When you're ready, click the Upload> button and your photo should upload and be visible on your profile.

ive done that but its not working its not bringin anything up sorry xx

You've been through the whole process above but your photo is not in your profile? or do you get stuck at a particular part?

i done what it says above and its not takin the photos on my profile soo sorry