Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Jokes

Default Jokes

Mary and Jane are old friends. They have both been married to their husbands for a long time. Mary is upset because she thinks her husband doesn't find her attractive anymore. "As I get older he doesn't bother to look at me!" Mary cries.
    "I'm so sorry for you, as I get older my husband says I get more beautiful every day." replied Jane.
    To which Mary added, "Yes, but your husband's an antique dealer!"

One Tuesday evening, two confirmed bachelors were talking when the conversation eventually drifted from sports to politics, and then on to cooking.
    The first guy said, "I got a cookbook once, but I could never do anything with it."
    "Too much fancy stuff in it, eh?" asked the other bachelor.
    "You said it." the first guy replied. "Every one of those recipes began the same way, 'Take a clean dish . . .' "

An 87-year old man, on his death bed and in pain, smells the aroma of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies coming from outside his bedroom. He thinks to himself, "my dear wife must be making my favorite cookies as a sentiment to our final hours together." So he musters up what little strength he has remaining in his feeble body and drags himself out of bed. Fighting off the pain and weakness, he stumbles into the hallway, down the stairs, and to the kitchen door. There, on the table, he sees a huge plate of chocolate chip cookies, the steam rising from the plate, the chocolate chips still soft and gooey. He thinks, "God bless my devoted wife for giving me such pleasure in my final hours on this earth", and he then falls to the floor and crawls towards the cookies. He gets to the table and, with the last ounce of strength he has left, reaches up with his hand to take a cookie. Just then, he feels the stinging Whack! of a metal spatula against his knuckles. He looks up to see his wife standing over him, saying "Don't you dare touch those cookies, they're for the funeral guests!"

A retired gentleman went to the social security office to apply for Social Security.

The woman behind the counter asked him for his driver's license to verify his age. He looked in his pockets and realized he had left his wallet at home. He told the woman that he was very sorry but he seemed to have left his wallet at home. "I will have to go home and come back later." The woman says, "Unbutton your shirt." So he opens his shirt revealing curly silver hair. She says, "That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me" and she processed his Social Security application.

When he gets home, the man excitedly tells his wife about his experience at the social security office. She says, "You should have dropped your pants. You might have gotten disability too."

John invited his mother over for dinner one evening. During the meal, she couldn't help but notice how attractive his roommate Judy was.

She had been suspicious of a relationship between her son and his roommate for quite some time, but this only made her more curious.

She watched the two of them interact over the course of the evening and began to wonder whether there was more between John and Judy than met the eye.

Realizing only too well what his mother was thinking, John said, "I can see your wheels turning Mom and I know what you're thinking. Rest assured Judy and I are strictly roommates."

A few days later, Judy went to John and said, "You know the beautiful silver gravy ladle? Well, ever since your mother came to dinner I can't seem to find it. You don't think she would have taken it, do you?"

"I doubt it, but I'll write her a letter just to be sure," replied John.

John then sat down and wrote his mother the following letter: "Dear Mom, While I'm not saying you 'did' take a gravy ladle from my house, and I'm not saying you 'didn't' take a gravy ladle, the fact remains that ever since you were here for dinner one has been missing. Love, Your son."

Several days later, John received a reply from his mother which read: "Dear John, While I am not saying you 'do' sleep with Judy, and I'm not saying you 'don't' sleep with her, the fact remains that she would have found the gravy ladle by now if she were sleeping in her own bed. Love, Mom."

A door-to-door vacuum salesman goes to the first house in his new
    territory. He knocks, a real mean and tough looking lady opens the door, and
    before she has a chance to say anything, he runs inside and dumps cow patties all over the carpet

He says, "Lady, if this vacuum cleaner don't do wonders cleaning up that
    cow patties, I'll eat every chunk of it."

She turns to him with a smirk and says, "You want ketchup on that?"

He Salesman says, "why do you ask?"

She says "We just moved in and we haven't got the electricity turned on yet."

A man stumbles up to the only other patron in a bar and asks if he
    could buy him a drink.
    "Why of course," comes the reply.
    The first man then asks: "Where are you from?"
    "I'm from Ireland," replies the second man.
    The first man responds: "You don't say, I'm from Ireland too! Let's
    have another round to
    Ireland."
    "Of course," replies the second man.
    Curious, the first man then asks: "Where in Ireland are you from?"
    "Dublin," comes the reply.
    "I can't believe it," says the first man. "I'm from Dublin too! Let's
    have another drink to
    Dublin."
    "Of course," replies the second man.
    Curiosity again strikes and the first man asks: "What school did you
    go to?"
    "Saint Mary's," replies the second man, "I graduated in '62."
    "This is unbelievable!", the first man says. "I went to Saint Mary's
    and I graduated in '62,
    too!"
    About that time in comes one of the regulars and sits down at the bar.
    "What's been going
    on?" he asks the bartender.
    "Nothing much," replies the bartender. "The O'Mally twins are drunk
    again."

An old drunk stumbles into a confessional. After not hearing anything
    for a while the Priest knocked on the wall.
    The drunk said, "forget it buddy there's no
    paper in here either."

An Irishman's been at a pub all night drinking. The bartender finally
    says that the bar is closed. So he stands up to leave and falls flat
    on his face. He figures he'll crawl outside and get some fresh air and
    maybe that will sober him up.
    Once outside he stands up and falls flat on his face. So he crawls
    home and at the door stands up and falls flat on his face. He crawls
    through the door and up the stairs.
    When he reaches his bed he tries one more time to stand up. This time
    he falls right into bed and is sound asleep.
    He awakens the next morning to his wife standing over him shouting at
    him. "So, you've been out drinking again!!"
    "How did you know?" he asks.
    "The pub called, you left your wheelchair there again."

Quote Originally Posted by angela5 View Post
    A retired gentleman went to the social security office to apply for Social Security.

The woman behind the counter asked him for his driver's license to verify his age. He looked in his pockets and realized he had left his wallet at home. He told the woman that he was very sorry but he seemed to have left his wallet at home. "I will have to go home and come back later." The woman says, "Unbutton your shirt." So he opens his shirt revealing curly silver hair. She says, "That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me" and she processed his Social Security application.

When he gets home, the man excitedly tells his wife about his experience at the social security office. She says, "You should have dropped your pants. You might have gotten disability too
    heh heh heh heh ha ha ha he he he. your sure wicked. but i like you