Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: music shop?

Default music shop?

a little birdie tells me theres a music shop opening on friday in princes street. Anyone know if this is definite?

2. Default

it's definite

we passed by today and spoke to the woman outside who said they were opening on Friday

a music shop or a cd shop?

My guess is it would have to be a music shop, as any shop selling CDs these days is straight on to a loser as they simply can't compete with Amazon or the ubiquitous torrent files.

Would be nice to be able to get guitar strings (singular) as and when required though.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    My guess is it would have to be a music shop, as any shop selling CDs these days is straight on to a loser as they simply can't compete with Amazon or the ubiquitous torrent files.

Would be nice to be able to get guitar strings (singular) as and when required though.
    A mate of mine is trying to learn the geetar. He was asking me for a plectrum the other night, his other options were a trip to dingwall or ebay..........

I have to admit, the temptations of eBay are too great tbh. I use Elixir strings and they cost around £15 a packet(I've had the same strings on since July and they still sound as good as new and ain't rusting yet) in the UK. I can get 3 packs imported from the States for under £20. Even when I was playing with less expensive strings, I could get ten packs for £20 including delivery.

It will however be well handy for musicians looking to grab something quickly and for the up and coming musician.

Good luck to them, I wish them all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    A mate of mine is trying to learn the geetar. He was asking me for a plectrum the other night, his other options were a trip to dingwall or ebay..........
    I very rarely if ever buy plectrums, I always make my own, i make them from plastic I can find, cut out the shapes that I want in various thicknesses and also have made some from solid brass and alluminium, its pretty easy. Don't waster your money buying picks, tell him not to either, rip up a milk carton or a detergent bottle

Support your local shops, guys and gals. The standard of living is pretty high in Caithness, am sure you can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    You can make your own with a tortoise and a cheese grater.

when does this shop open ??

im glad we have a new music shop but i was not impressed. it has "guitars" and one or two amps, sure more were in the back. the strings behind the counter were aplenty....but all acoustic. its really smal(no big deal really) i just hope thatthey will listen to the public and maybe get a few other items in....i.e some ernie ball strings...gauge 9-42 lol

hint hint.

You play with elastic bands boyo

Mmmm some D'addario strings would be nice, why do they only have acoustic strings?

Mind you i could do with some Martin & Co. acoustic strings too.

where is this music shop ??

It's where Luciani's photography place used to be, bottom of Princes Street.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

ok thanks is it open yet ??

Is it just instruments? Woolies kinda (really) sucks for CDs. All chart pap.
    Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    ok thanks is it open yet ??
    So which part of "opened on Friday" haven't you quite grasped yet!!

I've just been for a visit.

The lady serving was very friendly. They are still waiting on quite alot of stock to arrive so its quite spartan just now, but they appear to be interested in selling local band CDs etc (though their CD display was very small). I hope it gets local support as a county devoid of any such facility is pretty pathetic really.

(I suspect I'll still have to get my Protools HD3 Accel rig with ICON surface controller elsewhere!!)
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    im glad we have a new music shop but i was not impressed. it has "guitars" and one or two amps, sure more were in the back. the strings behind the counter were aplenty....but all acoustic. its really smal(no big deal really) i just hope thatthey will listen to the public and maybe get a few other items in....i.e some ernie ball strings...gauge 9-42 lol

hint hint.

i heard that its ment to have alot more, just didn't get all of it's stock because of the postal strike!

so hopfully it will be kickin soon enough!
    i hope!
    get some vic firth 7a's in about it biy! so i dont have to travel to inverness! haha
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

elastic bands lol

yeah i guess so.

any sugeestions for some good strings, fancy a change.

at te moment im centered around a clean sound.

i play a semi electric, not electirc acoustic lol

any hints jeid?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast