Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Any Instrument Techs/ Sparkys out there?

Default Any Instrument Techs/ Sparkys out there?

The Empty Fortune PA has started to play up. its a carlsbro marlin powered mixer. Terrible buzzing when its operating and even worse when the phantom power is turned on.

Is it worth getting fixed? Or will i just splash out on a new power amp and mixer?

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    The Empty Fortune PA has started to play up. its a carlsbro marlin powered mixer. Terrible buzzing when its operating and even worse when the phantom power is turned on.

Is it worth getting fixed? Or will i just splash out on a new power amp and mixer?
    What sort of a buzz? Is it a 50 cycle hum or a white noise buzz?

Does it still work ok apart from the buzz?

There is a guy in Alness who is a bit of a star with all PA's, amps etc. Only prob. is gettng stuff down and back. Could find out his no. if you you like.

Dave

Go active!! Best PA system I ever used. (No separate amps to mess with)

If you can afford it get an Elecrovoice system. Next best is a Mackie set-up. Just add a Sub if you need more bottom end. The Behringer mixers are also very good for the price/facility.

Just a thought but have you checked all your cables first? They have a habit of being stood on and mangled!!
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Did you pair use that on Sunday night!?

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    Did you pair use that on Sunday night!?
    yip, not a good plan. but got a short term solution which will be ok for this friday

yip, not a good plan. but got a short term solution which will be ok for this friday
    Jeez, i can imagine! It sounds awful.