Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: and you know it's autumn when...

Smile and you know it's autumn when...

this happens.

Strath Naver is a little more striking in real life on a misty morning. The sky is dark blue above because I used a polarising filter and the sun was only just coming up.

I zoomed into the mist to get -

....damn cables and poles getting in the way of great views as usual. I have not had time to sort and crop most of my photos yet.
    Last edited by psyberyeti; 07-Oct-07 at 23:42. Reason: speeling mistooks
    Things that go bump in the night generally have been influenced by a Siamese

Great shots! I know what you mean about cables lol they have got in my way more than once
    I love to see the mist like this on a morning, i just wish i got up earlier and saw it earlier on the thurso so i could take a piccy from above that myself but i always get up too late lol

WOW ! I dont need to say any more . jan x
    computer says no ........

Thumbs up

wow psyberyeti, these pictures are fantastic. Ilove the second one, looking through the mist, it is quite stunning to say the least. more please. lots more. thank you.

psyberyeti
    Great shots.

I use the "patch" tool (under the healing brush menu) in photoshop to remove cables,wires etc. (Make a selection and drag in a useful direction).

9 times out of 10 it works perfectly (just watch the edges - or fix with the clone/healing brush tools after).
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

psyberyeti,
    hope you don't think I'm be checky, but I've fixed your wire problem and a minor tweak to the image tonality.

All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Smile

Hello deemac, ah, yes. My photos tend to be dark. I think the canon under exposes shots with the intention that you should 'fiddle' with the images and brighten them up afterwards. You can't correct an overexposed photo, but you can with an underexposed one - so they are all dark. This is annoying, but I am not bright enough to permanently correct this. I will have to go into the menu and see what settings I can alter. I think the camera is too complex for its own good.

I have not had time to see to my canon photos just yet - maybe this weekend. The Sony P&S scores most of the time. ;-) {{{

I've got an even closer shot (zoomed) of the bus on its own in the mist - seen in context I really like it...

Things that go bump in the night generally have been influenced by a Siamese