Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THS censored album

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Jesus, Mary (Chain) and Joseph! That was shocking. Think it'll take me another ten years to get over that. Erm, thanks for putting that up, I think.

Jason never had hair - he always wore a wig, or at least that's what he called his sad, Madchester haircut. JP sure was a victim in all senses of the word. He was the whipping boy of every band I played in with him, he always had to have the last word (a badly-timed crash cymbal), so it was funny seeing him have to try and piece the drumkit back together himself in the video.

The "dancers" by the way were (naming and shaming here): Keith Pentland, Gary Daniels, Ian Brands, and the simply fantastic drum-kit-taker-outer Dougal Kennedy. How Nirvana was that?!

The antagonist was none other than Dave Cuthbert. Dave lives in Edinburgh's Tollcross district now and was, not so long ago, playing bass and keyboards in the very excellent My Electric Love Affair (www.myspace.com/myelectricloveaffair).

As for Rubber Band? Well, we were always the most punk band in Caithness (right, folks?), so I'll perhaps leave that for another thread. What I will say is that Duncan Crofts looked like Jim Reid (of the Mary Chain) just nowhere near as cool, and Ritchie looked like a gerbil auditioning for The Replacements. Unfortunately no amount of string-snapping and geeky looks was going to turn Thurso High into Athens High, Georgia. In fact, I saw Ritchie not too long ago. He said he was working in HMV in Edinburgh (he might as well be working in a shoe shop) and now plays lap-steel in a couple of alt-country bands.

Am a music hack and funk genius.

Funny how things work out, eh?

Haha, as for the string snapping I have that video too. 2 strings in 2 songs, unlucky ritchie!
    Last edited by theone; 09-Oct-07 at 01:15.

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    Stop That Train!
    Ask and you will recieve my friend...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4GWVnuewIQ

There's a good chance Darren won't speak to me again for this, but hey, you wear a GnR waistcoat then what do you expect?

Those of you who know the Middleyard twins and Euan may be suprised that yes, they once had hair!

Steel or Steele, can't really remember how they spelled it was originally named by Euan the drummer because he fancied Marion Steele! I'm sure that was back when the band consisited of Euan singing, Gordy Bain on guitar, Donald Mackay on drums? and Robbie Wares on the bass.

It feels like Christmas tonight............

[QUOTE=theone;280785]Ask and you will recieve my friend...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4GWVnuewIQ

There's a good chance Darren won't speak to me again for this, but hey, you wear a GnR waistcoat then what do you expect? [QUOTE]

Right that's it, let's see some early Bleach then. Come on "theone" don't hide yourself. I have a feeling that your hair was equally as shocking as mine back then, although, I do have to hold my hands up to the GNR waistcoat... what a stroop!

Quote Originally Posted by theboss View Post

Right that's it, let's see some early Bleach then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_iFx_8i4ow

That was bleach's second concert, I have the first somewhere too. Shaun was replaced as singer shortly afterwards when Mr Watson "banned him for life" because he pulled out of going to Kinlochleven for a music exchange thing.

I believe it was Shaun not turning up for the recording that Marty was on about here
    Quote Originally Posted by marty123 View Post
    Oh the memories came flooding back when reading this!! To think then that i was going to make a living out of drumming, 'the one' has the story spot on, to why such a magical thing was created!! In all my time playing music as a young un, a certain track was the one and only time I sang, due to a certain person not being able to make the recording lying in his pit hungover!!

'Why does she hate me'
    All over print t-shirts and global hypercolour were obviously the best things since sliced bread!

As for your drumming career Martin, I remember drummers back then were judged by the quantity and quality of their cymbals! You win face down with your "china"! Here you were with "Trip" possibly named after Nialls experimentation with little paper squares up the river????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3alTZMxrCc
    Last edited by theone; 09-Oct-07 at 12:38.

Ahhhh, memories of being young, carefree, and making a tube of ourselves...
    WeeBurd.

That is hilarious. Even predates darren bleaching his hair.

And Calum kepping it real in a ride the lightning shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    That is hilarious. Even predates darren bleaching his hair.

And Calum kepping it real in a ride the lightning shirt.
    Mr Rich. Your identity has confused me for some time and now even more so. How on earth do you remember the hair bleaching? Clues please...

Man, i thought you would have twigged by now. We used to terrorize stuarty watson, or as we knew him, "E bey!"

You trawled these forums under a different name previously. It all makes sense now...

Indeed. I've been creating musical history with my twenty-legged band but thought i'd take some time to offer some pearls of wisdom.

What year was that video of steel? Gotta be 95 or possibly 96. I mind the GnR thing you wore-textbook attire! Wish i had one now.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    Indeed. I've been creating musical history with my twenty-legged band but thought i'd take some time to offer some pearls of wisdom.

What year was that video of steel? Gotta be 95 or possibly 96. I mind the GnR thing you wore-textbook attire! Wish i had one now.
    November 94 believe it or not.

Was it really '94! My god... I was 13 years old! That's my excuse for the GNR denim waistcoat!

This is a lethal thread!!!!!

Shouldn't this thread's name be changed to High School Gigs? I've got over 101 stories about the gigs in Thurso High. So here's your starter for ten... After we'd Who'd/ Nirvana'd/ Hendrix'd the stage, I was due to play in another band called Obsessive Kittens (note pop fans: a light play on one of the names Joy Division tinkered with prior to naming themselves New Order after Ian Curtis's death). Now because stage destroyer Keith Pentland had been turfed out the school along with every other stage-invader - and because he was the bass player in Obsessive Kittens - he wasn't allowed back in to play with us. Cue Scott Wordie. So laid-back he was often mistook for a spirit level, we dragged him into the Gym 2 changing rooms and taught him the songs - in about 15 minutes. Needless to say we came out and slayed them dead. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    This is a lethal thread!!!!!
    Be careful, you might be next.........

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    Be careful, you might be next.........
    Ahh, at least you put one up of yourself.

I take it you've spent the day sticking everything on the PC?

If so, I gotta get a copy of a few of them?

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    Ahh, at least you put one up of yourself.

I take it you've spent the day sticking everything on the PC?

If so, I gotta get a copy of a few of them?
    Not done many but will do.

I'll refrain from putting up the atmosphere electric ones!

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    Not done many but will do.

I'll refrain from putting up the atmosphere electric ones!
    Eh yeah, wouldn't want to subject anyone to that!

i think ben has all my high school videos.

I wonder if theres a video of the show where lenny shearer didnt turn up and Bones and i were ably assisted by The Boss on bass and The Big Mac on emergency vocals.

I hope not.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast