Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Saturday gig

Default Saturday gig

Anyone going to the bands reunited thing on saturday?

Wink

I'll be there, Last Years gig was the best thing I've seen in Years.

I'm sure this one will live up to expectations and the venue is supposed to be the tops.

venue being?

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    venue being?
    Y-Not.

According to the local rag it starts at 9pm and is £5 to get in. Hopefully I'll be there.

And it's all for chariddee. The After Hours guitar amplifier benevolent fund i believe. Or possibly something more deserving.

I see the whole thing is about reuniting bands/artists from the 60s onward, no? If so, why hasn't John Sutherland (aka Fats) not been invited to play at it? He was a perennial figure on the local scene from the early 60s to the present day, entertaining and influencing double as many along the way. I'd be a bit peeved to pay whatever it costs to go along and not find him there. What's the story?

yup i agree...
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    And it's all for chariddee. The After Hours guitar amplifier benevolent fund i believe. Or possibly something more deserving.
    ?! Yes the whole world is richer thanks to you, where would we be without such wisdom and wit.

It's for M.S.

Ha. Do i detect a note of sarcasm from Dave?

Were johnny and isaac even approached to do a turn? Maybe there was something on at the lighthouse that night.

just a tad

Sarcasm is my thing usually. And playing the sax at 5am in orkney........

Does it really matter? They weren't asked, that's that. I'm sure there were plenty other bands around in the 60's that weren't asked to play at the event.

Ah ha - - - -

Aye Johnny was good, though I never saw him play in 60's ( to young ) never really saw him in 70's either as he only had 2 bands that I remember ( Snark / Prairie Wolf..Grateful Deadish I am led to believe ) playing very briefly In Caithness around 1972. Point of fact first time I really saw the man in action was when I played with him ( c1982 ) !! Personally I would love to see the original Great Blue White, Tich, Maurice and Billy, active around early 70's to 1974. Best band of my mis spent youth, I remember them doing a brilliant version of Good Times by The EasyBeats. ( Billy still active ) Yes, a great rock band, and at that time perhaps the only young rock band in Caithness ( Caithness music scene then heavily dominated by club / countrish bands ) and a big influence on most of the guys of my generation. Also very active in that time period and influential as well were guys like Davy Alexander / Alasdair Wordie, both I believe started around 1967, and like Johnny Fatts, progessing over each decade into the 2000's. Another great band was Bodie featuring The Henderson Brothers, Tich and Mackie Sutherland active 75 / 76. So depending on where you are comming from and what you remember, loads of very good guys around as well as the JF

Talking

Fats plays every 2nd week in the Newmarket or Y-Not,give the other bands a shot o the limelight.