Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Photoshop trial

Default Photoshop trial

I am very distressed!
    After a 5 hour download for a 30 day trial of adobe photoshop, I can't find it anywhere on my computer.
    What can I do????
    Help..........................
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

What I recommend with any downloads, is to create a folder called "Downloads and Patches". I then create a seperate sub-folder for each and every download and save to that folder.

I assume you've done a search on your machine and not found anything. If its lost you'll just have to start again (always save the download - NOT run it first). You may be lucky and a temporary file has been created with the partial download there and not need to re-download all of the file.

Hope you resolve your problems. Photoshop is a great tool.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    What I recommend with any downloads, is to create a folder called "Downloads and Patches". I then create a seperate sub-folder for each and every download and save to that folder.

I assume you've done a search on your machine and not found anything. If its lost you'll just have to start again (always save the download - NOT run it first). You may be lucky and a temporary file has been created with the partial download there and not need to re-download all of the file.

Hope you resolve your problems. Photoshop is a great tool.
    I am concerned that I may not be able to redownload it as it was a trial?? But when I do try, I will make a special folder as you suggested, great idea.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

I started again, and did as you recommended. And guess what??? It worked, so thank you very much Deemac. Now I just have to work out what I can do with it.
    Thanks Again

Which version are you trying, CS3?

There are lots of photoshop tutorials on the net to get you started. Like any fairly advanced program it just takes time and effort (and luck) to learn your way around. I also recommend reading the help files when you hit a brick wall (which you will). Its amazing how many just don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Riffman View Post
    Which version are you trying, CS3?
    Yes, but I'm not sure if will be a bit much for my limited pc ability, will keep you posted

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    There are lots of photoshop tutorials on the net to get you started. Like any fairly advanced program it just takes time and effort (and luck) to learn your way around. I also recommend reading the help files when you hit a brick wall (which you will). Its amazing how many just don't bother.
    I have used the help, so I'm pleased to say I did think of that. But I have 30 days to see if I can make use of it, or if I should start with a more basic program.

Its a superb program, incredibily powerful!

Things to try:

Layer
    Levels
    Curves
    Hue/Sat
    Layer Mask
    Cloning

If you can do that lot you will be able to do a lot!

i had the same problem.i lost adobe photoshop suite 7.and my daughter lost it by accident so she says.then i was told about another program and downloaded it.
    its called Photofiltre its free and i find it very good

Your best option (other than photoshop) is 'The GIMP'.

EDIT: Whoops!! I should maybe mention that other than being almost identical to photoshop, being able to do almost exactly the same things.... GIMP is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gimp.org/ And since it is opensource there is always improvements.....
    Last edited by Mr_Me19; 19-Oct-07 at 15:04.
    Talking To God....
    http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal

Paint Shop Pro (now owed by Corel) and Corel Photo Paint (normally supplied with Coreldraw) are also fine contenders in the image editing market. (And far cheaper than Photoshop).

Another very reasonable to purchase photo editing program (about 35 Euro) is Graphic Converter. It is easily learned and will serve most amateurs very well:

http://www.lemkesoft.com/