Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Jamrs Sutherland married to Henrietta Budge

Default Jamrs Sutherland married to Henrietta Budge

I am looking for daughter of James Sutherland married to Henrietta Budge - Margaret Sutherland who married Alexander Clyne son of Robert Clyne and Mary Ann Gunn on 5 May 1881. Any brothers and sister of Margaret Sutherland. I am also looking for parents of Robert Clyne married to Mary Ann Gunn. So many Clynes and Sutherland can not find ones looking for.
    Located in Australia

Default Re: Jamrs Sutherland married to Henrietta Budge

Quote Originally Posted by lynn prow
    I am looking for daughter of James Sutherland married to Henrietta Budge - Margaret Sutherland who married Alexander Clyne son of Robert Clyne and Mary Ann Gunn on 5 May 1881. Any brothers and sister of Margaret Sutherland. I am also looking for parents of Robert Clyne married to Mary Ann Gunn. So many Clynes and Sutherland can not find ones looking for.
    Was Robert Clyne born at Sordale in Thurso?

Default James Sutherland married to Henrietta Budge

I believe the daughter of the above Margaret Sutherland married Robert Clyne son of Alexander Clyne and Mary Ann Gunn. Margaret and Robert had a son Robert and daughter Mary do you know anything of this family. Robert was born in Thurso and so were his 2 children. thanks Lynn
    Located in Australia

Default Re: James Sutherland married to Henrietta Budge

Quote Originally Posted by lynn prow
    I believe the daughter of the above Margaret Sutherland married Robert Clyne son of Alexander Clyne and Mary Ann Gunn. Margaret and Robert had a son Robert and daughter Mary do you know anything of this family. Robert was born in Thurso and so were his 2 children. thanks Lynn
    No Margaret married Alexander son of Robert Clyne and Mary Ann Gunn.

Mary Ann was listed as Roberts servant on the 1851 census, Robert would have been 45 at the marriage in 1854 and Mary 33. Also listed is Roberts elder brother John who was four years older than Robert yet Robert is listed as head of household. He farmed 36 acres and employed two Labourers.

Robert was born on the 30th September 1808 at Sordale the son of Alexander Clyne and Christian Calder,he was christened on the same day, must not have looked too healthy. Mary Ann was born in Halkirk.