Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Is it Filter or Modem problem

Default Is it Filter or Modem problem

All of a sudden i seem to have no dial tone and whenever someone calls i'm engaged
    I unpluged my DSL filter and put my phone in the socket and it works fine, i put my DSL filter back in as the kids were moaning the internet went off and it's back to no dial tone and engaged tone.
    Can anyone help?

Firstly I'd try a different filter!

This may not be much use to you but we had a similar problem. Before long (a day or so) it was gone. No lasting effects. Hope this happens for you!!
    Talking To God....
    http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Firstly I'd try a different filter!
    I would agree with Bobinovitch. Try a different filter and make sure that there is one in each telephone socket, whether it is being used or not.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Unplugged both filters, put them back in and 'hey presto' i have a dial tone.
    If it happens again i'll assume one is faulty and replace them.
    Thanks for the replys.

I cant help much with this problem but it may actually be a BT fault?

My m-in-law rang me last week on her mobile as her home phone wasn't working. She doesn't have the internet so there are no filters etc to blame. She couldn't dial out and when I rang her house number it was always engaged. To be honest I haven't spoken to her about the fault since but the phone is working correctly now.
    "I ask forgiveness continuously for I know he knows, somethings just have to be experienced"