Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weir family of Caithness

Hi Bonnie

He is definitely still alive, I saw him the other day out at the gate putting stuff in the bin while I was driving past on my way to work.
    Airmail is pretty quick but surface mail tends to take 4 - 8 weeks.

Cheers

B

There are a few weirs in wick, eg Dorothy Weir and her mother Mrs Weir
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by beelag2000 View Post
    Don't think it would do any harm and he maybe delighted.
    If Mr Weir does not want to become involved then he can always just ignore the letter.

Aqua Vitae Meadow
    Janetstown
    WICK
    Caithness
    KW1 5LE
    Scotland

should find him ok

Good luck

B
    the details above are correct as go to his house ,and is very much alive,

Beelag2000,

I asked my husband if he had mailed it air mail or slow-boat-to-China and he said, "Air Mail." Maybe, as you suggested, he just isn't interested. Or maybe he's not descended from James Weir and Charlotte Cormack, eldest son and daughter-in-law of John and Catherine Meiklejohn Weir or even one of the other siblings. It's disappointing but I can live with it. No choice!

Thanks so much for your help. I had hoped to be able to contact some of my Weir cousins that may still be in Wick and maybe I will yet! My grandmother was so proud of her Farquhar/Weir/Meiklejohn ancestry.

Thanks again! I'll keep trying.

Bonnie

Default Dorothy Wick and her mother

Fran, do you know if Dorothy and her mother are descended from John Weir and Catherine Meiklejohn or even John's father James Weir b. 1801 m. first, Jane Sutherland and second, Jean Cormack? I'd love to get in touch with anyone who is a part of our family!

Bonnie

Default Thanks

Thanks, Silver Fox! if I were there, I'd take a hike to see him and maybe he'd be interested then but there's a considerable piece of US real estate, a rather large body of water and another, smaller piece of Scots real estate between us!

If you hear of anyone else that is of my lineage, I'd appreciate knowing how to get hold of them!

Thanks again!

Bonnie

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Parker-Duke View Post
    Thanks, Silver Fox! if I were there, I'd take a hike to see him and maybe he'd be interested then but there's a considerable piece of US real estate, a rather large body of water and another, smaller piece of Scots real estate between us!

If you hear of anyone else that is of my lineage, I'd appreciate knowing how to get hold of them!

Thanks again!

Bonnie
    will try to speak to Mr weir,or print of your posts and put in is letter box ,as he dose not go out a lot ,will speak to his neighbour this week,to see how he is,

Lightbulb Weir family of Caithness

Hello Bonnie,
    I may have some info for you on Jane Sutherland your "Brick Wall". (I beleive Jane was b.c. 24 Dec. 1798 Wick. dau. of William Sutherland & Catherine Cormack. marr.19 Jan.1782 Wick).
    Jane had 6 Siblings. One a brother William b.c. 6 Dec.1791 he marr. 1819 Wick (Jean Weir.b.c. 1794. dau. of George Weir & Janet Munro. marr. Wick 1777.) If you P.M. me I will give you what I have on file.
    Best Regards
    Teeny.
    Elizabeth Durrand
    born Wick 1948.
    Now Inverness

Default Thanks!

Thanks so much, Silverfox! I have sent you a PM.

Bonnie

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Parker-Duke View Post
    Thanks so much, Silverfox! I have sent you a PM.

Bonnie
    bonnie could you please pm me back ,thanks

Default Thanks, Beelag!

Have received a wonderful response from James Weir's daughter. I'm looking forward to corresponding with them, exchanging information and sharing my Weir Letters with them.

Thanks for the help!

Bonnie

Have received a wonderful response from James Weir's daughter Mary. I think we'll have a great time sharing information. Thanks for the help!

Bonnie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12