Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Gypsy Tart

Default Gypsy Tart

Gypsy Tart

does anyone remember this from school days? it was my favorite

1 400g (14oz) Tin of Evaporated Milk
    340g (12oz) Dark Muscovado Sugar
    1 10inch Pre-baked shortcrust pastry case Pre-heat oven to 200°C: 400°F: Gas 6.
    Whisk evaporated milk and sugar together for approximately 10 minutes
    Until light and fluffy and coffee coloured.
    Pour the mix into the pastry case.
    Bake for 10 minutes.
    The surface will appear slightly sticky but will set completely when left to cool.
    Serve cold.

A good hug often helps

Def going to give this a try it sounds yum!nxt shopping trip I will pick up all the ingredients...looking forward to it x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Tried this out last night Bluelady....very good but I think it may be one that will only be made once in a while....for the sake of my waistline Thanks for the recipe x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Thankyou so much for this recipe.Iv'e been looking for it for ages Gary Rhodes gave it out on his cookery programme some years ago.I wrote it down and then promptly lost it.This was a school favourite for me in the early fifties.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Tried this out last night Bluelady....very good but I think it may be one that will only be made once in a while....for the sake of my waistline Thanks for the recipe x
    Aye, its very moorish - want more, want more, I blame the school cook for ma waistline- or lack of it

A good hug often helps

Quote Originally Posted by bluelady View Post
    Aye, its very moorish - want more, want more, I blame the school cook for ma waistline- or lack of it
    I blame the very same person for my lack of waistline!lol.It is a lovely tart but I may as well just smear it on my thighs to save my body the work x

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    ...but I may as well just smear it on my thighs to save my body the work x
    Trying to obliterate mental picture !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Trying to obliterate mental picture !!!
    It's REALLY scary Bobinovich believe me x