Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Boarding kennels

Default Boarding kennels

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could recommend (and maybe give me the number) to a good boarding kennel somewhere on the road between wick and inverness (or somewhere hadny from inverness).

Unfortunately I am trying to book an overnight stay for the dog on rather short notice and Ramscraig was fully booked.

Very grateful for recommendations

Uli

I dont know the name or number but a friend of mine used one in Milton and they said it was very good if that's any help x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

There's one at Scotsburn near Tain. 01862842484

Thank you for your help! I am keeping these in my phonebok in case I need to try to contact them again

Uli

I can recommend (yet again!) the Gairdie Kennels near Dornoch. They were brilliant, and recommended to me by the bloke that used to run Ramscraigs. Details: Gairdie Kennels

Address: 201 Ledna Birichen, Dornoch, IV25 3NE.

Telephone: 01862 810280
    Rockchick

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so (Douglas Adams)

Thank you Rockchick This was the kennel that I ended up going with as they were able to take her despite the short notice.

Really grateful for the recommendations.

Uli

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    I can recommend (yet again!) the Gairdie Kennels near Dornoch. They were brilliant, and recommended to me by the bloke that used to run Ramscraigs. Details: Gairdie Kennels

Address: 201 Ledna Birichen, Dornoch, IV25 3NE.

Telephone: 01862 810280

Just for your information, "the bloke that used to run Ramscraigs!" is still alive and very much running Ramscraigs K9 Services and is sorry that he has to turn some people away at busy times. Hopefully this will be rectified by Easter of next year with a new extension added to the Kennels.

As far as recommended by me to you, having had my own dogs in there approx 6 years ago, there is no way I would recommend them to anyone. In fact I don't recommend any other Kennel to anybody because there are not the same as mine and I have only been in three.

Default boarding kennels

i have also used gairdie kennels in dornoch in the past which i think are excellent and have my dog booked in again for october, i would recommend them to anyone ,nice big heated kennels walks three or four times a day and the owners are such a nice friendly couple.

know its late for you now but I'd highly recommend Colbre at Ardesier they were fantastic with our lab who gets very homesick, he came away happy and well fed and well walked

Colbre Pampered Pets
    Colbre House
    Inverness, Ardersier, IV2 7QX

01667 462441