Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Picasa...the good and the bad?

karia Guest

Default Picasa...the good and the bad?

Hi guys,

I am at the end of my tether with kodak Easyshare...misnomer of the year.

I'm thinking about changing to Picasa 2 and wondered if there was anything I should know in advance of doing so.

I use Firefox as my browser.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Karia

Smile

Hello Karia, go for it. It's an excellent and very simple program. It's photo editing functions are simple but good. Its photo organisation is pretty good. I use it all the time to locate my photos - much better than using the many other photo organisation programs, and it's free. I've had no problems with it at all. It works on XP and vista.
    Things that go bump in the night generally have been influenced by a Siamese

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by psyberyeti View Post
    Hello Karia, go for it. It's an excellent and very simple program. It's photo editing functions are simple but good. Its photo organisation is pretty good. I use it all the time to locate my photos - much better than using the many other photo organisation programs, and it's free. I've had no problems with it at all. It works on XP and vista.
    Thank you psyberyeti,

I am so annoyed with kodak that I know I may simply opt for anything that isn't it at the moment

Your advice is invaluable in helping me make a considered choice, rather than an emotional one.

Karia

If you have the money, something like Photoshop Elements 5 is great. Of course if you can afford it, Photoshop CS3 can't be beaten.

I use Picasa as my main image viewer. (Makes Adobe Bridge look like a joke!!)Its fabulous for scrolling through thousands of images very quicky and intuatively. Also much slicker in the slideshow mode for full screen viewing (also good viewed via a projector).

I don't do any editing within Picasa (I use Adobe Photoshop) so can't comment but the tools provided, though basic, look good. I did think the straighten tool was the most intuiative I've seen yet. (Adobe should be ashamed).

Extensis Portfolio is my weapon of choice for data basing and keywording all my images.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

wouldn't use anything else but picasa2 as it is soooo easy(even for a thicko like me)
    You simply download your photos directly from your camera onto your PC and edit your pics and when you want to look at them they are all listed, titled and dated for you to browse and you can add to each or any subject at any time.
    I keep adding to my new grandaughter's file each time I take more pics and you can also put it on disc.
    Enjoy