Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: A9

Default A9

Does anyone know if there is any truth in the story i heard yesterday that the A9 is being shifted back through Wick to John O' groats. Apparently something to do with all the road maps having to be altered and this the companies are not keen to do.

Should never have been altered in the first place in my opinion!

I would have thougth that is is very easy to update such information.

I suppose that it will have to be shifted back through Wick now that Tescos is arriving
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

It should never have been shifted in the first place, just a piece of political nonesense. However, it does not really matter where it runs through, the roads do not change, only the name. As long as the signposts tell you where to go it makes no difference which road you are on.
    I'm not sure if there is a signpost for the road to Hell, but most of us seem to get on it sooner or later.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

I think if you ask the businesses, B&B's, hotels, pubs, garages etc in Lybster,Wick and on through the east side of the county what difference the change made to their tunover you would be surprised .

Take your point about the road to hell though