Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Apple trees

Default Apple trees

I have grown too many apple trees from pips and will be putting them into the hospice shop in thurso if anyone wants to buy them.

Too many apple seedlings, how can that be? I would plant a wee forest of them, and make apple butter in the early winter.
    Seriously, very nice of you to offer them to hospice shop, and good luck with the ones you planted. wish I was nearer to you, would take the lot of them. -H

What you need to do is get some misletoe, cut a branch and rub the seeds of e misletoe into it. In a year or two, you will have some misletoe for e charity shops to sell. Misletoe is a parasite that thrives on fruit trees although it can be grown on others

A good hug often helps

Quote Originally Posted by bluelady View Post
    What you need to do is get some misletoe, cut a branch and rub the seeds of e misletoe into it. In a year or two, you will have some misletoe for e charity shops to sell. Misletoe is a parasite that thrives on fruit trees although it can be grown on others
    Remember that mistletoe will eventually kill it's host tree and if that's ok, go ahead. Someone's got to make sure we have enough mistletoe for Christmas (and where's that kissy smilie when you need it? lol)