Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Adobe reader 8

Unhappy Adobe reader 8

I recently downloaded adobe reader 8 onto my pc at work and found it easy to use and fast so I thought I would download it at home too. NOT a good move! I have now been trying to get it to work at all for a week. It just will not kick into action when I try to read a pdf file at all. I have removed it several times and downloaded it just as many times. Adobe support advised removing any other versions off of pc and try again. I did and now I am left with NO reader for pdf files that works. Is anyone else havin problems with adobe 8 and can anyone offer any advice on how to get it working or at least advise me as to where I can get older versions of it to download, ie any from 5 -7 will do! I have a pc running windows xp home edition on it. Thanks.

If you visit the same Adobe site there is a link for 'Choose a different version'. From there you can select your OS, version & language which then gives you a choice of versions available for downloading.

Hope that works for you.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    If you visit the same Adobe site there is a link for 'Choose a different version'. From there you can select your OS, version & language which then gives you a choice of versions available for downloading.

Hope that works for you.

Bob
    even better donload foxit reader from here:
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

it's about 2 mb rather than something like 28mb works really well, is lightening fast.

Thumbs up Thanks both!!

I shall look at both options...adobe 8 is doing my head in so it is going to be removed asap!!