Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Liquid Blue Gigs & TV coverage

Default Liquid Blue Gigs & TV coverage

If you are out and about this weekend you may want to check out Liquid Blue they are in Thurso on Friday night the 7th in the Holborn at 9.30
    On Saturday night the 8th they are in Wick playing in e'Backer at 9.30.

Grampian TV are filming the band for North Tonight at Wick Youth Club tomorrow night for a feature on the band which will be shown on the news next week. I will post the details when I find out.

Thanks again to everyone who has wished the band well for the final.

A good gig lat night well done, and good luck!

Listened to the tracks on MySpace - sound very good, the lassie has a fantastic voice.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

The band sound a wee bit like The Primitives once did. Terrible name, though.
    DC - send me a PM if you want me to get their music reviewed.

DC - I suggest you get Liquid Blue to listen to The Hussy's from Glasgow. They're a wee bit similar to LB, and, given what the weegies have achieved in a short space of time, are definitely worth paying a wee bit of attention to.

Check them out here: www.myspace.com/thehussys

Default Liquid Blue

I had a quick listen Pepsi, they are okay but not the same Liquid Blue are a bit rockier and I believe Liquid Blue's songs are stronger melodically. But of course I'm biaised anyway.
    I don't think it's a good idea to listen too much to other bands if you are trying to find your own style, don't want to end up on the "why do all bands sound the same" thread do we?
    Cheers for the post though.

I saw The Hussy's live in Averdeen and thought they were a damn good band. Really at the forefront of whats good about Scotland's indie music scene just now. Cant hurt at all to pick up some tips from people going in the right direction, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Cowie View Post
    I had a quick listen Pepsi, they are okay but not the same Liquid Blue are a bit rockier and I believe Liquid Blue's songs are stronger melodically. But of course I'm biaised anyway.
    I don't think it's a good idea to listen too much to other bands if you are trying to find your own style, don't want to end up on the "why do all bands sound the same" thread do we?
    Cheers for the post though.
    They're a young band, and through time - and, more importantly, if they can stay together as a band long enough - they should go on to discover their own sound, as am sure they will. And you're quite right: like me, you shouldn't listen to what anyone else says.

Default Liquid Blue on North tonight

This link will take you to a clip of Liquid Blue on North Tonight (hopefully!)

http://www.stv.tv/content/news/local...ecord_contract

All the very best for the finals in Dundee.