Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Sandwich Shop

What about us school kids? I said on the tesco thread how happy I was about it so I can get cheap healthy sandwiches. Im even more delighted about this. A fresh baguette every day.... Mmmmm......
    Talking To God....
    http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal

i for one am looking forward to it
    will be good for a quick snack and for my wee one when out and want a change, should see the look of them in johnstons if i ask them to put some ham on a roll for my 3year old
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Dunderheed it's a little less easy when you'd like something a bit different. It's usually not worth buying all the ingredients just to make up a wee batch for a sandwich, so somewhere where you can pick up an alternative to ham and tomato, or cheese & onion, will get my vote...and my dosh!

Anybody got an idea when it opens?

It was meant to open on Saturday, but the owner has been let down by her supplier. Should be opening in the very near future.

I've only glanced at the shop in passing, but it looks like a lot of thought has been put in. Hope it works out well for her. I admire anyone willing to set up a new empire with no idea how well it will do in reality. I'll definitely give it a try. (the sandwiches, not a new empire!!)

Quote Originally Posted by dunderheed View Post
    come on people its only a sandwich shop , surely there should be no call for that from your average orger, surely you can chuck two peices of bread together with a filling .
    unless there selling marmalade and slice sausage i will not darken their doorstep
    Perhaps it is only a sandwich shop, but the thread is much more pleasant than some we have had lately.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I believe its a woman named Sammy who is opening it can't for the life of me remember her last name though! I do know her in passing and think the shop will be good....nice to have a bit of choice out there isn't it x
    Her name is Sammy Mackay, married to Jock Mackay the builder (Halkirk). I wish her all the best in her new venture, I had an idea to do this a year or so ago, but never pursued it, wish I had sometimes! I am sure she will do very well.

Cool sam-wich shop

she is opening on wednesday, like someone said was let down by suppliers, got a sneaky peak at the menu, and it looks good.

all the normal fillers, chicken tikka,eggand tuna mayo and all that good stuff, there is also coffee hot chocolates and teas, also cookies and doughnuts !! awesome !!

can't wait !!

Sandwich are always so much better when made by someone else

Sam-wich? Great name.

I think Glasgow needs a new Sand Witch shop. I'll speak to my business partner on Monday morning. Thanks for the idea sam-wich.

so did anyone else try it today and what did they think?

we did at work and although the fillings were tasty enough I was slightly disappointed. ordered a coronation chicken baguette which was about 8" long and nice and soft, though wasn't too generous with the filling - cost £2.50.

What I was most disappointed with was that if you wanted lettuce/salad on your roll/baguette then you had to pay extra. I would have rathered have paid an extra 25p and had the salad in the baguette. might seem a rather minor complaint but these minor things are the difference between it being ok and being great. As a customer I would return for great but not for something that was just ok

Default Sandwich Shop

Flyers have been put in most of the shops/offices and its open from 0645 - 1430 it has basic sandwich/rolls or baguettes with usual filling cheese, ham, beef, chicken tikka, coronation chicken- priced at £1.70 for sandwich/roll and £2 (ish) for baguette. salad extra at 35p, and red onion, spring onions is extra again at 15p.

Will also sell coffee/tea/latta/hot choc and a few cakes/biscuits.

i just noticed the shop today as i drove past, i was that busy looking at the sign that i never noticed sammy waving! sorry sammy for not waving back!

I hate making sandwiches for work so i am sure i will try them soon!

i will try them tomorrow

hey well me and other half went with the wee one for a treat last friday and it was lovely

i had a tuna and red onion baguette(they are huge baguettes and well filled) OH had chicken tikka baguette and wee one had a big bap with ham, cheese and cucumber and she loved it, was lovely for a treat, they were very friendly, definetely recommend it
    Last edited by Ash; 18-Sep-07 at 13:56. Reason: forgot something lol
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Mrs Bob & I went in and were initially surprised that the baguettes, baps & bread were in open baskets as we thought this would dry them out but they were lovely & soft. I had a baguette while the Mrs had a sandwich - both of which were delicious.

My only constructive criticisms are that 35p is a bit steep for a wee drop o' salad, and that most people I know prefer butter spread on BOTH halves to aid cohesion

Hi there Thankyou for the lovely comments about my sam-wiches and baguettes etc, It is nice to get feedback about my products I am glad you enjoyed it, I will take on board about the spread I agree with you but alot of people dont like alot of spread so that is why I think it is good that you can choose. Once again I appriciate the nice comments you have given me!!!

Sam-Wich

Well I'm going to be the first to step up and give my comments directly to Miss Sam-Wich.

Put simply they are amazing. Love them. Will be coming everyday. But....

Yesterday when we came in there were no baguettes at all. Something I had been looking forward to all day. The school children are a good way of quickly boosting profits but unfortunately they won't visit if there isn't a decent selection.

I'm not complaining though as there may have been a genuine problem such as late deliveries etc. Just something to bear in mind.
    Talking To God....

Hi there glad you enjoyed your baguette sorry that I ran out of bags you were right delivery did not come on time hope it will not happen again, it is also hard to judge how much to order it is great that I am so busy I am going to increase my orders so hopfully I will not run out again.

Its not a problem. I would have been amazed if everything went to plan seeing as you have just started a new business. If thats the worst thing that has happened then you will definately go far!!
    Talking To God....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Wich View Post
    Hi there Thankyou for the lovely comments about my sam-wiches and baguettes etc, It is nice to get feedback about my products I am glad you enjoyed it, I will take on board about the spread I agree with you but alot of people dont like alot of spread so that is why I think it is good that you can choose. Once again I appriciate the nice comments you have given me!!!

Sam-Wich
    Will certainly be trying out your goodies, Sammy and a big welcome to the Org ! Does that mean that us fellow Orgers get a free sample??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast