Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: working cockers

Default working cockers

in action..

Blackpool today..... who knows where tomorrow!

Jean - one word.....

Spectacular!
    I wish I'd picked more daisies.........(anon)

wow

they are stunning!

we have alfie he is a cocker and is 4months old
    will try and upload some recent photos
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

what stunning photos and beautiful Cocker Spaniels I have a cocker 7 yrs old Blue Rhone bitch beautiful and so affectionate but utterly mad
    Its nice to be nice

great Photo's Jean, they look fantastic. What are they hunting or chasing? I don't know much about working dogs in UK, we have cattle, sheep and pig hunting dogs, I don't think they are used for much else, could be wrong though!
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

they are just jumping over the pile of stones for the fun of it. working cockers are traditionally used for flushing and retrieving . Up here on driven shoots like pheasant they can be either with beaters, flushing the pheasants whatever in a steady stream towards the line of guns. then pickers up come behind with retreiving dogs to pick up the shot birds. they make good retrievers too. And they are small enough to get into really dense thickets and flush out .
    they are becoming more popular as pets now in the uk which may be a bad thing as indiscriminate breeding for the pet market may ruin what is at present a very healthy and stable dog. they are easily trained and have super natures.
    the marked differences from the show type cocker spaniel are.. length of ear leather, the workers ears are usually shorter the hair or coat is less profuse all over and needs less attention. the eyes have no haw or red lower fleshy lid exposed..they have tighter eye rims as they would tear their eyes if they had the droopier lower lids often seen on show types.
    they excell at agility and make good sniffer dogs also.
    heres a great website.. loads of info about the working cocker
    http://www.felsteadgundogs.com/

Default rolo