Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: First school photo!

Blackpool today..... who knows where tomorrow!

Default First school photo!

We just got little Leah's first 'School Photo'... well, nursery one anyway!

I sat with her this afternoon & we made this special pic for her photo frame - she's dead chuffed with it too!

One thing though.... the scan I did is great when it's HUGE... but when I resize it to be smaller, it goes a bit grainy - should I have the scan resolution on higher or lower???
    I'm PC literate usually, but I'm scratching my head here!!!
    Julie
    I wish I'd picked more daisies.........(anon)

What a lovely pic and what a pretty lass!

Thank you Orkneylass... I'm just grateful for all concerned that we live in modern times - although sometimes I still feel a bit cross that it wasn't picked up any of the scans, still it wouldn't have changed a thing - she was whisked away when she was born & gail was so scared it was because she was a boy!

I recommend scanning at 72dpi (dot per inch) 800 pixels by X (X = whatever the other dimension of your scan is). Also if you have photoshop or paint shop pro "resample" your hi-res scan down to 800 x "X" These should be fine for forum type postings. (ie low resolution / on-screen viewing only)
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Thanks Deemac, I'll give it a go later tonight!
    Julie

What a lovely natural pose, it looks like one of those advertising pics. Shes a very bonny girl

A good hug often helps

Quote Originally Posted by bluelady View Post
    What a lovely natural pose, it looks like one of those advertising pics. Shes a very bonny girl
    I said before, when gail first saw the pic, her first words were... 'Oh! She looks so......CLEAN!'
    Apparently, a lot of the tots were in tears, & not very happy at having their pic taken by a strange guy... not Leah though! She's a natural poser & loves cameras - I gave her my old digital & I have to admit, she takes some cracking pics herself! But yeah, it makes a lovely change to see a school pic taken this way & not in the regulation school pose!