Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Christina Sutherland -Latheron-Caithness

Default Christina Sutherland -Latheron-Caithness

Does anyone on the list have a connection to Christina Sutherland born Latheron c1835 whose father was William Sutherland.
    Would appreciate all information.
    Thankyou,
    Dianne

Smile

Hello Dianne.... I have a 2nd cousin James Sinclair (living) Carroy, Dunbeath his mothers name was Christine/Christina Sinclair (Sutherland) Auntie Chris as we knew her, My grand mother and herself were sisters. The house in Carroy has been in the Sinclair Family for a long time, so there could well be a connection, I am also doing my Family Tree. I am origionally from Dunbeath.
    Shona

Default Christina Sutherland -Latheron-Caithness

Thankyou so much Shona for your information. It especially nice to know you also came from Dunbeath.
    Do you have your tree on a web site...would love to view it if you have.
    What year do you think your grandmother's sister Christine/Christina was born.
    Extremely interested to learn more of your Sutherlands & Sinclairs.
    Dianne
    ps How far is Caroy from Dunbeath. Thanks.

Hello Dianne. Carroy is in Dunbeath itself its a 2 storey natural stone building, with the most amazing views over Dunbeath Strath. My Family Tree is on Genes Reunited. I have been doing mostly my Granda's side of the family, and im now going away to start my granny's side of which all this will come clear. I will private message you with my email details. And would love to keep in touch, hope i can be of some help to you. I will get the date of birth clarified for you. Shona x

Hi again Shona,

Carroy sounds divine. I am also a member of Genesreunited so that works out well once we find one another.
    Have p/m you with my email also. Many thanks for your kind offer of help.
    talk to you soon,
    Dianne