Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Bio Oil

karia Guest

Smile Bio Oil

Hi Folks,

I sustained quite a nasty burn some weeks back removing a roast chicken from the oven. It hasn't healed very quickly and as it is on the front of my arm, it is fairly visible in short sleeves.

Three days ago I picked up some Bio Oil from the chemist and what a difference it has made.

It claims to work on new or old scars and stretch marks and a 60ml bottle comes in at about £7/ £8.

I am well impressed by the results so far!

Karia

Agreed Karia. It makes a lovely face moisturiser too - smells lovely

i love it too .. i bought it after i had Lauren and it made such a difference to the strech marks i just wish i got it sooner!

i now buy the little bottle and put it in the parcels i make up for other people who have had babys too!

it works wonders on dry skin too

I totally agree. A number of years ago my son had a very obvious scar on his face, putting a small amount on every night for a few weeks made a huge difference. It is expensive but a little goes a long way. To be honest i think i still have some.

Blackpool today..... who knows where tomorrow!

We managed to get some of this when Leah was a baby for her lip operation - anyone who has seen her pic can see the results - she healed very quickly & her scars are hardly visible now - a wonderful invention!
    I wish I'd picked more daisies.........(anon)

I agree bio oil is great I use it all the time on everywhere It is a bit pricey but when you realise how far it goes it actually isn't pricey at all x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

I've just bought some of Ebay so will wait to see the results. I got it for one of my daughters chest burn (Hot tea when a toddler) and for my other daughters surgery scar when she has her op later this month.

Fingers crossed
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Default Bio Oil

I love the stuff. My two year old scar is almost unnoticable and the 'map of the world' stretchmarks - they are everywhere - are not soo bad. I just wish the loose skin on my belly could be rubbed away by Bio Oil

Bio oil is on offer in Boots at the moment, it's a couple of pounds cheaper than usual.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

When our wee fella had an op on his face last year I suggested using Bio Oil to the plastic surgeon, he said it was a waste of money that any moisturiser would give the same results, have to say I was surprised as I had read similar good things about the product, anyway he used a Boots own brand moisturiser every day and the scar faded quickly.

karia Guest

Hi 98elight,

I guess that kid's skins are so resilient that you would get a good response from any simple moisturisation....but I know that on tough old hide's like mine this stuff is priceless!

karia