Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Before .... messy front garden

Thumbs down Before .... messy front garden

this garden is soon to be tidied and some new plants added. So watch this space...

She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Default Before .... messy front garden

I'll love to come and help - will you pay my flight costs - promise to help

Iwould be more than willing to help ......... same conditions as scunner lol
    Live life to the full, you only get one chance so make it count
    dont be to happy coz someone sure to shoot you down

Compared to mine.............that is a show-piece!

Quote Originally Posted by Scunner View Post
    I'll love to come and help - will you pay my flight costs - promise to help
    Quote Originally Posted by lassieinfife View Post
    Iwould be more than willing to help ......... same conditions as scunner lol
    OK, send me $1200.00 each and I will send you a free ticket and even pick you up at the airport and at a very minimal cost, supply 5 star accommodation, (caravan down the back).
    Package includes evening tour of local vineyards, see here for more information.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Default Update

I worked flat out like a lizzard drinking all arvo and the garden is looking much better, you can see the plants. But am waiting to mow before taking a photo, no use in not being able to see the garden for all the long grass in front of it!
    Stay tuned, I will take another photo tomorrow.
    Front yard done, back yard next....

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    Compared to mine.............that is a show-piece!
    I was going to say, if thats your idea of messy, I will be ashamed of mine. Seriously, its not too bad, a bit of grass spreading thats all. I like that bush, what is it?

Good luck, look forward to seeing the updates, I love working in my garden!

Default After

Tidied up now, and Jeemag the shrub is a bottle brush (Callistemon), an australian native. It will be awash with red bottle brush like flowers soon, plenty of buds at the moment. I will post a pic when it is in flower. http://www.anbg.gov.au/gnp/gnp2/call...-citrinus.html

Last edited by Lolabelle; 31-Aug-07 at 09:21.

Talking

And some more...

You may have noticed that the grass is a bit patchy, that is because of these two!
    Note the electric fence tape. Grass should be able to grow back now.

And this is the one I did the other day!

I love the way ridgeys have the same characteristics!! They ALL do the lean and the funny sitting positions!
    ***Om Mani Padme Hum***

Quote Originally Posted by Lolabelle View Post
    OK, send me $1200.00 each and I will send you a free ticket and even pick you up at the airport and at a very minimal cost, supply 5 star accommodation, (caravan down the back).
    Package includes evening tour of local vineyards, see here for more information.

lol I aint even get that many pennies
    Live life to the full, you only get one chance so make it count
    dont be to happy coz someone sure to shoot you down

on current exchange rate your 1200 ollrs makes 512 of our pounds and given how cold it is here maybe you'll get some takers

Default Bottle Brush in Flower

Jeemag asked what the shrubs in the front garden were, here they are in flower.

What a beautiful shrub Lolabelle. Such a brilliant colour .
    Your hard work has certainly paid off .
    How long will the blossoms last ?
    Thanks for showing us what it looks like when in bloom .

That is stunning, Lolabelle. Thanks for taking the trouble to post the pictures. My son has a couple of the Ridgebacks in England but his garden doesn't look a bit like yours!!

Helen