Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Liquid Blue in Final

Smile Liquid Blue in Final

Liquid Blue have got through to the final of the Ultimate Chill to be held in the Caird Hall in Dundee on Sept 15th following last nights semi final win in Fat Sams in Dundee. They will be competing against Edinburgh based band Callal.

This is tremendous achievement for the young local band who had to play a set of original material. They began with Silence followed by Fear of Flying then Passing Time and finally closing with Numbing it Down. Both Silence and Passing Time are currently available on a single produced by Wick Youth Club's Music Link Media and Numbing it Down is available on the High School Voices, Northern Whispers EP produced by Isaac Sutherland.
    The band went down a storm and gave a performance which really impressed the audience given that Liquid Blue are so young and were up against bands who were much older and more experienced.
    A small but vocal support made the trip from Caithness to cheer the band on and it was certainly worth it.
    I for one can't wait for the final.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

well done from G2 & myself

great band. Although I've only heard one song

I'll maybe come & heckle some nicht when I'm not slaving over a hot strat or tele

well done, hats off

Am highly suspicious and overtly cynical about organised battle-of-the-bands competitions. Rarely does anything ever come good from it. That said, I hope the Caithness band enjoy what they can out of it. My money's on the Embra' band, though

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Am highly suspicious and overtly cynical about organised battle-of-the-bands competitions. Rarely does anything ever come good from it. That said, I hope the Caithness band enjoy what they can out of it. My money's on the Embra' band, though
    YAH BOO I'll see that wager & raise you all your right handed guitars

Default Liquid Blue in Final

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    You are of course entitled to your opinion Pepsi but as the saying goes "it ain't over until the fat lady sings" or in this case the "thin Caithness lassie" so why don't you get over to the Caird Hall on the 15th and offer some support as Dundee is a mere jaunt from "Embra"

Sorry Douglas, I'm working in Glasgow that night. My very best wishes, though, for the Caithness lot in Dundee.

I was at the side of the stage during their set at the Big Gig. Was v impressed with what i saw, very tight as a group IMO, especially for them being aged 15-17.

Only thing which could have made them a bit better would be a bit of movement/ banter onstage just to show that the band are enjoying themselves. I think this is very important and can have an effect on the audience's enjoyment of a band.

I hope the band can see that as constructive critisicm.

Good luck in dundee though.

Thumbs up Liquid Blue

All the very best to Liquid Blue for September 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    I was at the side of the stage during their set at the Big Gig. Was v impressed with what i saw, very tight as a group IMO, especially for them being aged 15-17.

Only thing which could have made them a bit better would be a bit of movement/ banter onstage just to show that the band are enjoying themselves. I think this is very important and can have an effect on the audience's enjoyment of a band.

I hope the band can see that as constructive critisicm.

Good luck in dundee though.
    Aye, but at 15-17... they're gonna be a bit shy for that.

good luck

Very well done guys, quite a few Caithnessians attend Dundee University / Abertay ( my two kids, ex caithnessians for a start ) so I will see if they can galvanise a support to attend on the night and cheer the band on.

All the best Douglas.

Default Liquid Blue

Thanks for that Robin hopefully quite a few travelling to the final to support the band. They are working on a new song for the final and it's sounding good.
    I saw your son's graduation picture in the paper the other day, well done to him, hope to see him there.

Thumbs up

Good luck for the final Liquid Blue!
    Last edited by Liz; 04-Sep-07 at 13:17.

Best of luck for the final.