Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: printer not seeing ink cartridges

Default printer not seeing ink cartridges

have a lexmark x2250 printer I was refilling the previous cartridges but they started to leak have removed all the ink I could and replaced with new cartridges the printer is now seeing the black cartridge nut won't print with the colour one any suggestions

Blackpool today..... who knows where tomorrow!

Lynne...... are they new cartridges?
    Do you get a message on screen saying they are not original Lexmark cartridges?
    Have you removed the cartridges & DOUBLE CHECKED that all the tabs are off the new cartridges?
    (Don't shout at for me for that suggestion, but I once spent nearly 2 hours trying to fix a neighbour's printer, before realising that she hadn't taken the labels off, after she yelled at me for even asking her if she had!)

If you're using compatible cartridges & you are getting an on screen message that says your printer won't work without the original (and heaps more expensive) cartridges, then you may well need a chip resetter, although I think it's just the Epson printers that have this little foible built in.

Failing that, have you recalibrated your printer & run a clean on the print heads, maybe?

Julie
    I wish I'd picked more daisies.........(anon)

I'd agree, but, it won't hurt to uninstall printer and reinstall I suppose.

James.

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"