Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liquid Blue - CD FIRST PLAY!

Thurso.. or is it Wales? Not sure, what day of the week is it?

Smile Liquid Blue - CD FIRST PLAY!

I have this evening been handed, hot off the press, a copy of the new CD from thw young Caithness band LIQUID BLUE!

Listen in to Caithness FM on 102.5 at 9:30 TONIGHT to hear the first play of it!

Last edited by Dynamic Sounds; 16-Aug-07 at 21:22. Reason: Spelling

Default Liquid Blue CD

The CD was produced by Wick Youth Club's Music Link Media workshop and is intended to raise funds for the bands trip to Dundee to play at the Ultimate Chill semi finals in Fat Sams next Friday the 24th.
    The 2 tracks are Silence and Passing Time. The CD's cost £3.00 each and are availble from Wick Youth Club or by phoning 01955604192 or 01955606834. You can also buy a copy at Liquid Blue gigs, they are playing at the Black Stairs this Saturday the 18th at 9.30

Thurso.. or is it Wales? Not sure, what day of the week is it?

HI Douglas,

It is a great CD. I liked the music on it, as I hope did the people of Caithness last night.

Buy this CD guys, and help support a local group with talent that can hopefully make it big!

Best of luck in Dundee next week.

Graham

Default Liquid Blue CD

Thanks for that Graham, I'm sure the band will do us and Caithness proud.

Default supporting local bands

think its good that Mr Cowie is promoting a local band but surely there is more than one band involved at the local media centre -do they not deserve some promotion and encouragement too ?

i know that myself and my friends were particularly keen supporters of Whitenoize who then changed their name to Unholy Confession and it isn't just us they had several excellent write ups in the newspaper -why is nobody promoting bands like these boys ?
    mo

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by elastic band View Post
    think its good that Mr Cowie is promoting a local band but surely there is more than one band involved at the local media centre -do they not deserve some promotion and encouragement too ?

i know that myself and my friends were particularly keen supporters of Whitenoize who then changed their name to Unholy Confession and it isn't just us they had several excellent write ups in the newspaper -why is nobody promoting bands like these boys ?
    there was more than one band involved & as far as I'm aware it was a competition which Liquid Blue won hence the promotion they are receiving from DS & Douglas

White Noize now Unholy Confession recently went through a line up change which obviously sets a band back just a touch. I heard their 1st gig with the new line up & have to say was fairly impressed. Not my thing but credit where it's due & all.

Obviously the other bands deserve some promotion etc etc but in this case Liquid Blue won therefore Liquid Blue get the mention & Liquid Blue go to Dundee & hopefully show them what for & win that heat & then Liquid Blue get spoken about even more & hopefully (because they're ace) Liquid Blue will keep going & will some day be seen mentioned all over the billboards & Ad spaces

Default Music Link Media Wick Youth Club

Thanks for that Chobbersjnr as you correctly pointed out Liquid Blue entered the Ultimate Chill competition along with several other bands from the Wick area (We did offer places in the heats to Thurso bands but no one took up the offer) Liquid Blue won through to the semis but all the bands who entered were offered the same level of help and encouragment.
    We try to be fair and impartial to all bands and musicians who come along to MLM and help musicians to play the style of music they want to play. For instance the local country club asked if an MLM band would play at the Halkirk Country Music festival, we held local auditions for MLM bands and Ayes of the North won through and played to critical acclaim, they also represented MLM at the recent harbourfest Saturday concert. We also held a Friday night concert at the harbourfest where various genres of music were represented including a fine heavy rock set from Penetration Station who topped the bill.
    We can only promote those who come along to MLM and whilst a couple of members of Unholy Confessions do come along now and again they are restricted in their attendance by work and other commitments, however I know their lead guitarist Steven very well and he can rely on my support should he ever need it.
    I hope that all of the counties musicians will get behind Liquid Blue and wish them the best for Friday night as they will be representing not only MLM but Caithness music.

Hats off to Douglas, Davie, Jamie and all others involved in this venture, you are doing a sterling job. A pity that something similar does not happen in Thurso also. Keep up the good work!!!!
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

I got this CD on Saturday night and my friend got the band to sign it so that I can sell it on ebay when they become famous . Good luck guys, I know you are going to do great.

Default Music Link Media latest news

If you have a look at the Courier today you will see that Wick Youth Club have been given funding of £50,000 to set up a recording studio as part of Music Link Media. This is great news as it will allow local bands access to professional quality recording facilities and encourage musicians to write their own material.
    We at Music Link Media are really excited about the possibilities this will open up.

Good luck to the band for Friday night... it's a pity congratulations and encouragement isn't shown to all bands in Caithness.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Cowie View Post
    This is great news as it will allow local bands access to professional quality recording facilities and encourage musicians to write their own material.
    We at Music Link Media are really excited about the possibilities this will open up.
    There are five studios operating in Caithness at the moment at least three are of professional quality and none of them are charging full pro rates( I can't speak for Manson Grant's studio). You seem to be infering that only with the addition of your new studio will local bands have access to 'professional recording facilities' at a reasonable price. Not true!!!!
    Good luck with the venture but don't forget that the other studios are mostly privately funded and don't have the advantage of large chunks of public cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    There are five studios operating in Caithness at the moment at least three are of professional quality and none of them are charging full pro rates
    There is? Where? Who? I think you're slevering biy...

Not charging full pro rates? There's a reason for that, none of them are pro studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    I think you're slevering biy...
    What you think long since ceased to interest me.

Obviously not, cos if it did, you wouldn't have unblocked me and you wouldn't have replied.

As usual, you fail to answer the relevent questions.

Great news Douglas, the set up certaintly beats our old practice set up in the Scout Hall !!!

Gleber 2 : Sure the project attracted public funding, it is community focused, ie a means to keep kids on the straight and narrow and off the streets, kids who cannot afford "pro rates ( however they are determined" and neither could I at the same age. This will not impact upon any other studio's income stream's as the kids who will use the project are in no position to pay rates to others, in technical terms there is no business displacement effect here. Also there is nothing stopping any studio in Caithness investigating and particapting in community funded projects, all you need to do is do teh research and get on with it. As a starter try the NESTA web site !!

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Gleber 2 : Sure the project attracted public funding, it is community focused, ie a means to keep kids on the straight and narrow and off the streets, kids who cannot afford "pro rates ( however they are determined" and neither could I at the same age. This will not impact upon any other studio's income stream's as the kids who will use the project are in no position to pay rates to others, in technical terms there is no business displacement effect here. Also there is nothing stopping any studio in Caithness investigating and particapting in community funded projects, all you need to do is do teh research and get on with it. As a starter try the NESTA web site !!
    I am delighted that this project has come to fruition and I cannot argue with what you are saying. All I was saying to Douglas was that I objected to his statement that only now local bands would have access to recording facilities and the incentive to write their own material. It was also stated in the Courier, I think, that nonmembers would have access to this studio which means that it will certainly be a business displacement. It will not impinge upon my business as most of our work comes from south of Inverness and we have more than we need.
    BTW, Jeid, you have never been on my ignore list as I don't have one. I still find myself mildly amused by your youthfull arrogance and certainty. I just don't want to communicate with you on this forum.

Ha, coming from a man of 63 who still acts like a circus clown and thinks he's the king of kings, I find that greatly amusing.

I also think you meant youthful.

So, you gonna tell me where I can find these "pro studios" in Caithness? I might fancy booking my little band into one of them at some point, and you seem to be a man in the know with these sorts of things. Hell, we might even get you to come along and drink coffee while we sit around waiting to record. What you reckon?

Thanks for clarification Gleber2, good to hear that you are attracting work up to the county.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Thanks for clarification Gleber2, good to hear that you are attracting work up to the county.
    wahey.................a reply without mindless insults. Nice one Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast