Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grrr!! count to ten then breath.

Angry grrr!! count to ten then breath.

Just back from tesco's, only popped up to drop off something for someone.Whilst there my boy bought himself a drink and heade out the door, at that moment in passing the security alarm went off. In a blur of blue a so-called manager ran out breaking a till in the passing , lunging himself at my boy asking "have you stolen? , show me your receipt".

He wasnt to pleased when i complained in front of him to his senior, and tried to worm his way out of it. He did make a personal appologie to my boy which he accepted.

But grrr!!, i really could have swung for him.....

Swung for him?

A classic over-reaction from a 'wronged parent' who thinks everyone else in the world should revere their children. Get over it. The bloke was doing his job.

First time I was in Wick Tesco the alarm went off as I went out. Chap was very polite and apologetic.

However, I am an adult - could the age of the person affect the behaviour of the staff. It shouldn't!!

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by laguna2 View Post
    First time I was in Wick Tesco the alarm went off as I went out. Chap was very polite and apologetic.

However, I am an adult - could the age of the person affect the behaviour of the staff. It shouldn't!!
    Hi laguna,

I totally agree!

why should this innocent lad have been subjected to such public embarrassment and humiliation.

If Percy were grabbed by security on the mere basis of proximity, and subject to such treatment,..I am sure we would hear all about it.

These alarms go off all of the time and anyone passing is subject to stares and supposition.

Don't young folk get mortified just like (if not more so than,) the rest of us?

karia

Hi Karia

Some people just don't like to think that there is any good in young people.

I am glad that rhino was there to complain - what would have happened it the lad had been on his own?

The lad was certaily due an apology - just hope that it was done in full view of the people who saw the original incident!

He was not doing his job..
    He acted in a way that was not becoming of his position.

My boys are responsible for their actions and i expect them to be treated that way.

About my parenting , you are entitled to your opinion, but i will not stand by and let them be bullied.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    He was not doing his job..
    He acted in a way that was not becoming of his position.

My boys are responsible for their actions and i expect them to be treated that way.

About my parenting , you are entitled to your opinion, but i will not stand by and let them be bullied.
    Well said rhino.

thanyou

everyone must be accountable for their actions

karia Guest

Hi Laguna,

Hear! Hear!

Percy seems to think that rhino wants her kids revered,..Why?

Because she wants them treated justly and fairly and not picked upon?

The boy didn't DO anything, in fact by accepting the 'personal' (not public..unlike the humiliation!) apology, he proved himself to be more of a man than the manager.

Karia

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post

A classic over-reaction from a 'wronged parent' who thinks everyone else in the world should revere their children. Get over it. The bloke was doing his job.
    It doesn't sound to me as if the "bloke" WAS doing his job....in fact, it sounds like a "classic over-reaction" on his part.

Rhino, I'm pleased to hear that your son received an apology, at least.

i am proud of my boys, yes they are by far no angels but who is?

A natural defence is to protect your siblings from harm, or is that wrong Percy??

perhaps i should have praised the manager and laughed with him at the feared look on my boys face.

Just back from tesco's, only popped up to drop off something for someone.Whilst there my boy bought himself a drink and heade out the door, at that moment in passing the security alarm went off. In a blur of blue a so-called manager ran out breaking a till in the passing , lunging himself at my boy asking "have you stolen? , show me your receipt".

He wasnt to pleased when i complained in front of him to his senior, and tried to worm his way out of it. He did make a personal appologie to my boy which he accepted.

But grrr!!, i really could have swung for him.....
    If I was the security man then I think it would reasonable for me to lunge/make haste his way to your child if he was leaving the store if an alarm went off. Secondly, I think he is entitled to ask your boy for proof of purchase for any item when leaving the store under these circumstances. I wouldn't have asked 'Have you stolen?', that was unfair and presumptive, I would ask him to get the security marked item that triggered off the alarm for inspection and ask for the receipt once found. Of course your boy might not have had a security tag on his person but he might have left at the exact same person as someone who did, still, that doesn't matter imo.

How would you have dealt with it if you were the security man?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Hi reghead,

It was not the security guard but a "manager". Yes i am in agreement that he should have been approached and asked for his receipt.

But as a manager, this person has gone through vast training on policies and procedures, but more importantly how to conduct yourself in the eyes of the public.

I know this as i am a manager myself and the actions taken tonight would be frowned on highly by my senior management.

i am proud of my boys, yes they are by far no angels but who is?

A natural defence is to protect your siblings from harm, or is that wrong Percy??
    This fascinates me. I have always thought parents should show the road to right and wrong and one of those lessons is to have respect for the law. Now I'm a parent, I recently asked my mother if she would have turned me into the police if I robbed a bank or committed murder, to my horror, she said it would have only depended on the nature of the murder, but a robbed bank wouldn't get a singing canary out of mum.

I've never stolen a thing or hit anyone in my life btw
    Last edited by Rheghead; 16-Aug-07 at 20:07.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

yes i agree with you.

he was in a fight at school once. him and his friend at the time ganged up on someone else.

After a visit to the boys parents with us to appologise, we then took him to the police station for a stern talking to.

We have always taught them right from wrong and that you must face your actions.

Therefore the manager was given the chance to explain himself and appologise for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    Swung for him?

You know what percy, you are entitled to your own opinions and beliefs, but i take this as an insult to parents everywhere.

yes i agree with you.

he was in a fight at school once. him and his friend at the time ganged up on someone else.

After a visit to the boys parents with us to appologise, we then took him to the police station for a stern talking to.

We have always taught them right from wrong and that you must face your actions.

Therefore the manager was given the chance to explain himself and appologise for his actions.
    The manager was given the chance to apologise and you accepted . But still you come on here to slag him off . You should not off accepted if you were not happy to let it go .
    I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator. Well thats what i told them while drunk and disorderly.

I don't think the manager was doing his job right, would he have acted that way with an adult I doubt it very much, a large dose of over reaction. it's a good thing Rhino was there I don't know the boy age but he must have been terrifed

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    The manager was given the chance to apologise and you accepted . But still you come on here to slag him off . You should not off accepted if you were not happy to let it go .
    Hi Dali,

What should she have done,... held out for free groceries?roll:

I'm not surprised that she wanted her son out of there!

I would have wanted an apology over the tannoy to attract as much attention as the original debacle,.....Do you think that would ever have happened??

It was her son who accepted the apology, not her, she is therefore more than free to come on here and 'slag him off' should she so wish, without in any way contradicting her actions.

Karia

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    Hi Dali,

What should she have done,... held out for free groceries?roll:

I'm not surprised that she wanted her son out of there!

I would have wanted an apology over the tannoy to attract as much attention as the original debacle,.....Do you think that would ever have happened??

It was her son who accepted the apology, not her, she is therefore more than free to come on here and 'slag him off' should she so wish, without in any way contradicting her actions.

Karia
    Lets not be Silly now Karia. I did not mention anything about holding out for material items . I also did not say anything about Rhino wanting his or her son in or out of the store . Not really sure where you are coming from with this.
    All i am saying is if you accept someones apology then that should be the end of it .
    I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator. Well thats what i told them while drunk and disorderly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast