Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manson - Tansfield

Well I'll do what I can. Walking is a problem and I don't expect a wheelchair has a hope unless someone's pushing it for me so that aint gonna work. Never mind, will try. Am mindful that Rhandy started this thread and possibly would be interested in the surroundings, not just Tansfield.
    Rhandy, where are you?

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"

Default Tansfield Castletown.

After I posted that article I found in an old magazine, Kgtr asked '' But who is W.A.A.'' Well I just happened to be on Scotlandspeople with a few credits left and so I thought about the initials - there aren't many surnames beginning with an A ... so I tried Anderson - no luck, next Alexander, W.A. and FOUND ......

1891 CENSUS at 8 Sinclair Terrace Wick.
    Dr Alex Alexander age 42 born Watten head
    Lynie age 31 " Wick wife
    Wm A 9 mths Wick son
    Barbara Harper Housemaid
    Eliz Anderson Nurse.

Could this be the family ? In the article he said his father had been a doctor......... over to you.

Default Tansfield - CASTLETOWN.

Hallo again,

I have found a beautiful photo of Tansfield House with Dr R M MacLennan, his family and car. C 1904

If you would like a copy of the picture please PM me.

Trinkie

Re: "photo of Tansfield House with Dr R M MacLennan, his family and car. C 1904"

Yes please. Though not my own research line, I spent so much time 'at the property' and pass it quite often.

If you wish to email, you'd need to pm me for address - you have your pms blocked so I cannot pm you.

Very many thanks.

James.

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"

Default Tansfield

Hallo Kingetter,

Blast - I do have the PMs stopped just now, but the photo has been sent to another orger, and hopefully it will reach you eventually.

Happy New Year

Trinkie

Default Who is WAA?

Just to confirm previous suggestions as to the identity of WAA - he was William Alister Alexander. William was born in Wick, 1890, the son of Dr Alex Alexander. The family later moved to Howe Street, Edinburgh. William was also a doctor, graduating from Edinburgh University in 1912. His mother's maiden name was Crowe, hence the reference to crows! Hope this helps.

Default Tansfield House ,Castletown

Thumper - the photo is coming - I sent it to Niall at the Forum, and I'm sure he will put it on when he has a minute .

Trinkie

Quote Originally Posted by trinkie View Post
    Thumper - the photo is coming - I sent it to Niall at the Forum, and I'm sure he will put it on when he has a minute .

Trinkie
    Thanks Trinkie! x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Default Tansfield House

The picture I mentioned earlier has now been put on the Thurso Photos on General !!
    Kingetter -- you will find it there !

By the way, I heard that recently a rare Rolls Royce from Tansfield house was sold.... anyone know about this ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123