Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Gig

My highlight was clearly plastic food. Was endin masel at the side of the stage most of the time!

I think yon security biy should get a pat on the back seeing as he stayed up all night then carried on helping the next day! Dudes a machine!

I` d say my highlight of the weekend was "Crimson Tide", they were awesome!
    Well done to all the bands though and thanks for a thoroughly enjoyable weekend!

Default PA / Sound

PM's with constructive critisism on the PA / sound would be much appreciated.

Big thanks to Moncur ( only one of many) methinks the asylum is missing a lunatic !
    I kent his faither

would like to join the big gig thing on bebo please ??

Thumbs up

have to say cheers to the boss for my dedication on your cover of Saturday Superhouse!
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    would like to join the big gig thing on bebo please ??
    I don't know what the address is because I left shortly after I discovered what it was, try searching in bebo for it.

whats the web address can any one help ??

was there a good crowd for the two nights?!

i was unable to attend as had "alternative arrangements" lol
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Thumbs up

Think there was about 1000 over the 2 days,could have been better, might have been worse.Would of liked to see a bigger variation of music, something to think about for next year hopefully.All in all it was a good weekend and well done to everyone involved..

Wow,
    1000 people!! So did the organisers take £2000+ in gate money then?

Great to hear if this is so. The times I was there on the Friday and Saturday (early on both days admittedly) this figure looks fairly optimistic from what I witnessed.

The weather was very unkind it has to be said (particularly on the Saturday). At about 8.30pm it was raining heavily and I reckoned there were no more than about 150 people. I'm sure it would have got more busy later on.

Is there any facts and figures from the official channels (K Dragon / Googlebox etc!!) on takings, punter numbers, general conclusions etc?

Is this event going to happen next year?
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

By the looks of things, Friday night seemed to have a bigger turn out... lots of people there. Saturday was still busy.... but the bad weather definitely put a lot of people off.

Just read the caithness courier which said that over 1000 people were there over the 2 days. They're yet to find out the final figure on the money taken in over the gala week. Hopefully the Big Gig made a significant difference.

So who will be running the Shindig next year?

Googlebox then there was K Dragon!

Who next?
    Personaly Id say Jeid and Moncur
    just my opinion!
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Maybe... I did get asked to help doing this one. Depends on time etc. I'd possibly be interested in helping out with the next one.

No word of the gate money yet as far as ive heard but i'll probably hear at the weekend
    Expenses are high for all the champagne, cocaine, tiaras and groupies they have to supply the bands plus we had to keep the security dog in Pedigree Chum which isnt cheap

Overall, having popped back and fore, i judge events on a possibly different criteria
    1) Did it happen
    2)How Big were the problems in making it happen
    3) Did everyone do what they were supposed to
    4) Did people, crowd and artists enjoy themselves

Money is way down the list as with weather and various other events on at that time of year you cant put a gun to peoples head and make them come

For me it about how it was organised

Overall i would say on the criteria above it was a success
    Problems on the day were minimal, other than weather difficulties which just have to be coped with

It definately was a better setup this year with plenty of stewards and limited access and no carry outs allowed reduced the under age drinking problem that existed last year

I would imagine there will be a small profit which is split between the two groups running it, TTIA and Thurso FC but only after substantial costs are paid out

THe small grant that they got to run it for two years has now ended so lots of questions have to be asked about the feasability of it running and not making a loss if it is unsupported by grants, and what if the weather is rubbish again

I would however think that some form of music event will take shape as it has proved popular with the local musicians and is a good opportunity to play somewhere different so heres hoping - - -thats not insider information jut an opinion!!

On a personal note though i thought all who played, organised, helped out or just attended did fantastic and particulalry well done to KDragon and his dads hat!

Plus now ive seen what Moshers do - - -its bloody mental, i thought a riot had broken out!!

Well done all

PS All those who supplied equipment thanks too, couldnt have happened without that particular help, and yes Jeid you should get involved !!
    Last edited by Gogglebox; 15-Aug-07 at 22:24.

Default The Big Gig

A huge thank you to all the Bands who gave up their time to put on a fantastic Gig. Last year we only raised just over £236.00 in total and we had pledged £1000 to the Hospital which we honored.

This year the figure is much higher thanks to everyone's hard work and a small fee at the gate. We do not have a final figure yet as two groups were involved in it this year and we have to do stock taking etc.

The Gala in total was around £13,000 less expenses. At the moment we do not have a grant for next year and as you can appreciate, The Gig is an expensive event to run it is around £2, 000 including advertising etc. As soon as we know what we are doing for next year we will let you know.

Special thanks must go to David Hobs and his team I would hate to have to pay him lol! The man hours he and everyone else did were incredible. Also thank you to Chief to you, the Thurso football Club, Stevens Lorries (I am sorry the Lorries got stuck!) and St Andrew's Ambulance 1st Aid Volunteers.

Last but not least the public for supporting us well done!

Doreen Macleod
    T.T.I.A Chairwoman

Quote Originally Posted by theweemidget View Post
    the gig was brilliant full stop, mosh pits rain and goood times this is what makes it worth it and it was good to see afew familiar and not so familiar faces again. Astronot were good on friday night, so were the guys that did whiskey in the jar can't remember the name sorry. Diesel and Dust on saturday were brilliant, duress were great we need more zztop guys and saxifer were brilliant!
    Thanks weemidget, it was good seeing you there.
    What a brilliant weekend of music. It was fantastic to hear the high quality of entertainment the local music scene up here in the North has to offer" first class". Thanks to Sparky and Stratman for a really decent sound to work with, thanks guys. Kdragon you pulled it all together, and made a real good job of it, well done.
    The guys from Diesel n Dust had a great time, and when we hit the stage with Saxifer to close the show, like magic the rain stopped and gave us a chance to Rock the place. I really enjoyed myself. Thanks to everyone who helped out and supported the big gig 2007.
    Last edited by DOC ROCK; 17-Aug-07 at 17:08. Reason: mistake
    Asinus asinum fricat

YOU ALL ROCK!!!!

it was an absolute pleasure.

hope you all enjoyed the gig,

it was all for you.

cheers for the oppertunity.

alas internet still out.

cheers for all the support.

peace out.

dave

Andrew WK makes an announcement... but he didn't tell us to party hard

Good job Dave

told you i'd be there doc rock both days, I'm a hardcore rocker man! saxifer totally blew me away awesome playing as you could probably saw with the hardcore headbangin goodtimes. And lo and behold some of my mates got a bit of an edumacation to into musicianship.

Well done mr dragon you pulled it off 'twas a great event

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast