Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: avatar sources

Question avatar sources

Please can some very knowledgable orger, tell me where I can source an avatar. ? Dummies guide to Avatars would be appreciated......

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    Please can some very knowledgable orger, tell me where I can source an avatar. ? Dummies guide to Avatars would be appreciated......
    Hi anne,

You can't post an avatar until you become an Orger.

X amounts of posts+ X amount of time = Orger

There are lots of free Avatars out there, just google 'free avatars' and peruse the many available until you find the one for you,...If you need further advice pm me ....I'd be glad to help.

Can't wait to see what you choose!

karia

Sorry anne, you wanted a knowledgable orger!!

karia ...shuffles out backwards apologising
    Last edited by karia; 08-Aug-07 at 21:09.

no need til apologise karia!!
    i wis gona ask ye aboot at aday!
    wis wonderin how i can get one. im gona google free avatars an see what i can come up wi
    do i really need til be an orger first?
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Design and make your own or get a 'knowledgable' friend to do one for you. Advantage of first option - you learn something new. Advantage of second option - it might be better than your own. Either way, you win.

James.

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"

How do I get a moving avatar? I can only manage still photos...

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    Anneoctober - I think your avatar looks stunning as it is. However, there are many sites out there that have animated gifs - which is all that a moving avatar is. You can make your own using some of the graphics software that is on the market, or get some nice kind orger to do one for you. Tigerjones was great at these things but, sadly, haven't seen them for ages.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

emmm Ricco, sorry to be a dunderheed, but I downloaded my wee witchie from an animated gif site. It was in motion when I saved it, but now...*sob*...it's still. Any ideas what went wrong?

I love it Sassy! I hope Ricco can help you put some vroom in your broom

Quote Originally Posted by sassylass View Post
    emmm Ricco, sorry to be a dunderheed, but I downloaded my wee witchie from an animated gif site. It was in motion when I saved it, but now...*sob*...it's still. Any ideas what went wrong?
    Sassy, I am sure I read somewhere on the .Org, that if you reduce the size of you avatar then it becomes animated.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Golach has it right. If it is not 80x80 or smaller then it wont be animated.
    Talking To God....
    http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal

Hi Sassy

The site you want is http://www.gifworks.com/image_editor.html - there you can upload your animated witch file, resize it to the required 80 x 80 pixels and then re-save it at the new size. So long as it's also below the file size (it should be) then when you upload it your witch should be riding along.

Cheers

Bob

WOO HOOO I cut off a bit of the witch's nose, but not bad for my first attempt! Thanks everyone for your help.

I've resized mine but it still wont move
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Sassy & Changi - You are a disgrace to the Caithness.org Coven. One is flying around with bits chopped off & the other cannot move at all.

With the help of our Wizards here, Ricco. Golach, Mr_Me19 & Bobinovich, I hope we can all get airborne by Wednesday

it's a nose job gone bad lol

*Changi hangs head in shame*

SORRY Mistress Moira
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    Hi anne,

You can't post an avatar until you become an Orger.

X amounts of posts+ X amount of time = Orger

There are lots of free Avatars out there, just google 'free avatars' and peruse the many available until you find the one for you,...If you need further advice pm me ....I'd be glad to help.

Can't wait to see what you choose!

karia

Sorry anne, you wanted a knowledgable orger!!

karia ...shuffles out backwards apologising
    Hi
    How many post to be able to upload an avatar please.
    Shazzap

This post gives the current levels - don't worry it'll soon fly by...

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    Sassy & Changi - You are a disgrace to the Caithness.org Coven. One is flying around with bits chopped off & the other cannot move at all.

With the help of our Wizards here, Ricco. Golach, Mr_Me19 & Bobinovich, I hope we can all get airborne by Wednesday
    The strange thing is I have sorted it out but it still doesn't seem to work for Changi.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

I dunno Ricco but the avatar she's using is a different file from the one you've got. Has she definately tried uploading the same version?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast