Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PETROL PRICES .

bandite Guest

Default PETROL PRICES .

Not exactly the best value. More like the cheapest of a dear lot.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

I was in wick last night and i couldn't believe it!!

Petrol in Wick is at 95.9p where as in Thurso 94.9p

Is this the first time wick has been dearer than Thurso??

bandite Guest

Kaz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by linzy222

That's only at Richards Garage, the others are 2p more!!

Value for money? ...... huh that's a laugh!

Tut! Tut! John -ops sorry bandite, you shouldn't be using these posts to advertise your business.
    A new broom sweeps clean,but a old one knows all the corners!

ok so petrol costs alot but there is nothing we can do about it so why so many posts about it it is just pointless

You're just jealous because the
    voices are talking to me and not you!

Default petrol

Here here!!! I agree. So the petrol price is higher, get over it people!!! You could always walk, cycle,use buses or trains. Or just be thankful that you can enjoy the luxury of having a car. Please no more posts about the cost of petrol in Caithness.

Me too, it's the always the same in these threads about petrol.

What's the point in moaning, if you want petrol that's the price you gotta pay - get over it

Austin Powers Guest

Don't think anyone is complaining, they r just keeping people upto date with the prices

If it was something else where the prices go up and down, like the shares, wouldn't u want to know what the prices were??

be interesting to see what happoens when tescos 6 pump gets into action ..will those pump owners (who say they make absolutly nothing on selling petrol ) go out of business or will they fall in line with Tescos i think the latter will be the case if the pattern set in Dingwall is a guide ...funny as the pump owners down there made nothing on selling petrol as well but managed to adjust their prices when tescos arrived HHhhhmmmm !!!

Look after your local garage - Sutherlands of Halkirk are the cheapest in the area.

Funny how if you remember, a few years back, how OPEC (oil producing countries) decided in a hurry to reduce production, when the price of crude fell to below $20 a barrel, to force the price up. pity they don't do the opposite when the price goes through the roof!!!!!!!

Sandy01, unfortunately they can'tjust open iup the taps - they are pretty much producing at capacity... supply and demand are not moving hand in hand...

hence the looming economic shambles that will befall the industrialsed nations in the next 18 -24 mths.

Lets see how cheap Tesco Petrol prices will be then! Or the price of a tin of beans ...

Just came home from my hols and in Aberdeen Diesel is only 90.9p per litre
    Shows how we are being ripped off bigstyle by the locals here but remember 80p IS tax

Quote Originally Posted by DRM
    Just came home from my hols and in Aberdeen Diesel is only 90.9p per litre
    Shows how we are being ripped off bigstyle by the locals here but remember 80p IS tax
    Please give facts and a calculation to prove that 80p is tax.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

http://www.ukpia.com/Portals/0/Repos...ents/UPP04.doc

This talks about 2003 prices but the % is the same as 2005

Duty and tax account for 75-80% of the pump price. For example, figure 1 shows the typical breakdown of a litre of unleaded petrol at the average UK major brand pump price of 76.3p (2003 average). Of this, 57.5p is duty and tax, 13.5p represents the cost of product and 5.3p is available to the oil company/retailer to cover the cost of supply from a refinery through to the filling station, as well as their profit.

Government excise duty.

Excise duty is charged at the fixed rate of 47.1p per litre on unleaded petrol and diesel, and on top of this VAT is charged at 17.5%. This large tax component has the effect of diluting changes in underlying crude and product prices because these have become a smaller proportion of the total price

Austin Powers Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz
    Quote Originally Posted by linzy222

That's only at Richards Garage, the others are 2p more!!

Value for money? ...... huh that's a laugh!
    All the garages in Thurso are at 94p and have been for over a week!!

I remember 2 years ago that diesel was 85.9p/l in pennyland when it was 74.4p/l in inverness. Now it is 94p/l in thurso and 93p/l in inverness, the gap is closing fast? I fear the impact of tescos will be minimal,no?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Not only are all the local garages making a clondike out of us all with their prices, I think a few of them are managed by the most pompus men. Lochshell is the exception as he will accomodate no matter what. I tried to get petrol at 9.55pm in Wick the other week and found I could not get served anywhere. I only needed enough to get home as I had to come to Wick as my son had to go to casualty, I would have gone earlier but I only just got out of hospital. Some of the lads just shrugged and said no but one on the North side shall we say was very rude and just shouted get to me. I tried to explain my situation to him with tears but he just stuck his head and shouted get again and again. Would it really of hurt one of them offer someone some help. Bring Tesco on I say because I refuse to get my fuel in the Wick area anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast