Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Go before you visit Castletown.

Default Go before you visit Castletown.

Up on holiday for a few days last week and needed to go to the loo in Castletown.Those public toilets are the most disgusting I have ever encountered.Pitch black,fithy,no soap in the dispenser just a dirty bar of soap on offer,no paper towels,blocked and over flowing toilet pan and urine on the floor.

We will be putting a complaint in.

If your got short hang on or use the loo's at John o Croats,excellent.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

I stopped off at the toilets in Castletown one day a couple of weeks ago, they were horrible, not even a lock on the door. It's just tin toilets with wooden bits screwed on instead of seats, in the one I was in the wooden bit was missing and the screw ripped the backside out of my good knickers, so you're not the only one who will be putting in a complaint.
    They weren't even clean!! Oops the toilets that is,not my knickers.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post
    Up on holiday for a few days last week and needed to go to the loo in Castletown.Those public toilets are the most disgusting I have ever encountered.Pitch black,fithy,no soap in the dispenser just a dirty bar of soap on offer,no paper towels,blocked and over flowing toilet pan and urine on the floor.

We will be putting a complaint in.

If your got short hang on or use the loo's at John o Croats,excellent.
    At least they were open unlike the ones in Thurso which appear to only open office hours, that way they keep people out and toilets clean! Imagine Groats toilets shut early too. Ones in Helmsdale are terrible as well but at least you know they'll be open when your kids need the toilet driving home from Inverness.

id rather search for a clean toilet than use a dirty one, the toilets in thurso arent always open but theres plenty of places that will let you use the toilet(well they let my 3year old).

As for helmsdale my wee one needed i took her in and when she saw the toilet she refused to use it and said would wait until the next stop
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Default go before you visit

that will be golspie going south ok !!
    AX

Castletown public toilets are scheduled to be completey revamped. Thought this might be some useful info.
    Talking To God....
    http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal

Sounds like a bush would be a better bet! Id sooner pee in the open than use disgusting loos

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Me19 View Post
    Castletown public toilets are scheduled to be completey revamped. Thought this might be some useful info.
    It would be better to close these toilets then as this is a terrible impression to give to tourists.

Wonder what would have happened last week if Prince Charles wanted a peek.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Nah he stayed in the hall looking interested as the rest of us droned on at him!!
    Talking To God....
    http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal